Sign in to follow this  
Damnyourdeadman

Water purification tactic -Using coffee filters

Hello everyone,today i have another water-purifacation method.You could use coffee filters in more ways other than make yourself an espresso.It's also very effective,in filtering the water from all potential hazards,making it safe to drink.I have a picture refrence to demonstrate in more depth my idea.But if i may add,this technique dosen't completely purify the water,it just filters it some there may be a chance of infection but it dramatically lowers it,the only way to kill the bacteria and render it completely safe to drink is to boil it.

Coffee-Filtering.png

i think this is not very intressting to add this in dayz. The purification of the water is needed for the infection not the dirt or others stuff

I am aware it's not the most effective method,but if it were myself and i absolutely had to drink,in order not to die from thrist

and didn't have any other means to purify my water,i would totaly go for it.I agree with you,It's crude,less effective but at least it takes a small piece from the possible "infection" threat percentage.Right?

I personally don't really want this as an option in DayZ. My reason is, in a real life survival situation i'm more worried about bacteria like giahrdia or krepto in the water than pieces of grass. It's the bacteria that will harm you more than ingesting maybe some dirt.

Too bad i thought it would be nice to have :( ,truth is i'm running dry on things to suggest.Most of them are already in game/will be in the next patches or have already been suggested.Thank you for the feedback everyone,i apreciate it :)

does anyone actually purify water in the game?

There is no need yet. They will be implimenting getting sick off of dirty water, like drinking straight from a pond or stream. In the future they could get you sick which gives the water purification tabs more value to add to a canteen of pond water.