Sign in to follow this  
dethsupport

Cowardly Admins

What a dick.

I've yet to encounter a server admin resetting on death, but I think that if I did I just wouldn't bother ever joining that server again.

Shot one guy who raged like an absolute idiot. He said , just wait, i'll be back. Server reset a minute later. Never went back.

There would be an easy fix, make any restart delayed by 10-15 minutes. So whenever you trigger a restart it will not happen as soon as you request it, but will be scheduled for later.

Sadly it won't fix the whole "restart for loot respawn" issue.

Funny enough, we have this kind of issues and people keep screaming all day that private hives will solve everything.

Once private hives are implemented admins can god mode even more than now - but at least they can't take their ill gotten gains and character over to a different server

Once private hives are implemented admins can god mode even more than now - but at least they can't take their ill gotten gains and character over to a different server

And that's a solution?

That's the chance you take and the luck of the server draw. I've played Battlefield 3 games where the admins have booted me for winning lol.

Messages like 'Killed By Admin' etc.

Quit the server and just find a new one.

• Like 1

There would be an easy fix, make any restart delayed by 10-15 minutes. So whenever you trigger a restart it will not happen as soon as you request it, but will be scheduled for later.

Funny enough, we have this kind of issues and people keep screaming all day that private hives will solve everything.

A fix for this one issue yes. Far from a solution.  You can't fix human behavior. I don't care how honest and well intended an admin is they all have their biases. The closest anyone could come to complete objectivity would be if the admin had no skin in the game.

The solution is no private servers.

That's the chance you take and the luck of the server draw. I've played Battlefield 3 games where the admins have booted me for winning lol.

Messages like 'Killed By Admin' etc.

Quit the server and just find a new one.

Dude, I bitched about this problem on the Battlelog forums or whatever it is called and some idiot quoted Ben Franklin to defend abusive admins.  It was that one dumb quote about security and privacy or whatever, as if wanting admins to lose their ridiculous privileges on ranked servers is an unbelievable wish and infringing on rights outside the game.

I almost feel like i'm reading a semi-erotic piece of literature.

I'm undressing you with my words :P

I do like this idea and the loot respawn issue will eventually fix itself when loot actually respawns naturally instead of with server resets.

A fix for this one issue yes. Far from a solution.  You can't fix human behavior. I don't care how honest and well intended an admin is they all have their biases. The closest anyone could come to complete objectivity would be if the admin had no skin in the game.

The solution is no private servers.

I agree with half of your statement but disagree with the other. You are right you can never fix human behavior but private servers to me means pushing this crap off the public hive so badmins can farm their gear and plant daisies in the road for all i care. God mode means nothing if you're the only person that plays your server, and who's going to play with a badmin like that except other people that want everything in the game to be handed to them with no risk whatsoever. I say trim the fat, boot those that want dayz to be sunshine and kumbaya off the public hives so the rest of us don't need to witness/deal with/be the victim of this nonsense.

And that's a solution?

Yes and no. These badmins will always abuse every tool at their disposal everything from teleporting to godmoding will happen if you give them a chance. At least there they will be unable to take their gains to other servers for abuse potential since the hives will be separate meaning no character saves/loads between public and private - sure they will abuse their powers on their servers but at least they will be able to lock them, play the game alone with a full pristine kit and police chernarus of zombies who don't care if you abuse powers/exploits. The rest of us will play the game for the emotional roller-coaster it brings. Way back when hardcore Diablo used to give me the thrill of one hit could end everything. Dayz does it so much better in such a sexier way.

To summarize this will not fix the problem, at best it will quarantine this crap to servers that do not have access to public hives. At least that is my interpretation.

---EDIT---

There is no legitimate reason PERIOD. 

Once you open that path it becomes very broad very quickly.  It is cheating and cheating needs to be dealt with swiftly and to the extreme.

I forgot to comment on this post as well. Now that you mention it you are right considering the game will eventually iron out all the buggy deaths as it progresses. Have some beans.

Edited by Dethsupport