fishshrikey

Killed By Kindness

I was at the medical camp near Balota, searching it for kit. I was going well- I had an AK and a makarov, with plenty of food and meds. I was leaving one of the tents, and a zed comes out of nowhere. I shoot him, double tap to the chest, but I'm bleeding. I climb into one of the towers, and fall unconcious.

I'm out for ages. I'm about to wake up and I see two survivors around my body. One with a shotgun and the other unarmed. I think, 'It's all over', but its not. They check my backpack, but then they leave. I wake and feel extremely greatful to them. I get up and make to leave the camp, when I see the guy with the shotgun watching me. we both take cover and I shout 'Friendly!'

He doesn't come out, but he doesn't shoot me either. I move around the side towards the gate, and he follows. I then spot the unarmed survivor in a tent, and I offer he my makarov as thanks. She agrees and I drop it. I'm jut typing 'Here,' when another zed hits me. I run, but I'm bleeding. I hide in a tent and start to bandage myself when the survivor with my old makarov empties the mag into my back. I die almost instantly.

Funnily enough, this is the first time in a week that I've been killed after helping another survivor. Could it be that DayZ is slowly becoming a place where betrayal is dying out?

Yesterday, my friend I know in real life got Day Z and I was helping him get on his feet. We went into one of those two story barns with the two stairways, and began looking around. At one point, when we're both on one side of the barn, some guy with a ghillie suit comes sprinting into the barn with zeds on his tail.

Surprised, I duck down and call out in Direct Chat that I don't want any trouble and I'm just helping my friend. I tell him we can both walk away from this. However, the only response I get is the sound of a guy reloading. In third-person, I am able to see a DIFFERENT guy (civilian skin) leaning against the door with his gun up, aiming at where I am behind cover. When neither of them responded, I had no choice but to shoot, so I did. The ghillie guy then tried to loot the other guy...I noticed he only had a m1911 and no other gun.

I realized these guys were not going to help me at all, and my friend was vunerable, so I killed him too.

Glad this happened now- just found an SVD with 6 mags, revolver with full ammo, NVG, GPS, Toolkit and loads of other stuff on a dead survivor!

There are plenty of friendly people out there, please don't be one of those people that think everyone that plays Day Z should be shot on sight because you've had bad experiences with people. For instance whilst playing today I met a group of four guys in the middle of Cherno and we banded up together.