This forum is for bandits to share tips and stories.

There is NO flaming bandits in here.

If you are a victim of a bandit attack, feel free to ask your bandit here on how he did it, or read the posts to find out how best to avoid being killed.

• Like 33

Let's also remember that the suggestions, bug reports and Survival HQ sections exist for a reason.

Remember, sportsmanship is appreciated! If anything, applaud how they were able to slay you in the midst of battle.

• Like 10

This is a great idea. Perhaps it will remind some players that Bandits are intentionally a valid choice of play style.

• Like 4

You evil evil people!

Oh sh**, I just broke the only rule in here

There is NO flaming bandits in here.

Good idea with a Bandit section Griff. Sooo tempting to join 'the dark side'.

• Like 1

I'd like to thank all the bandits. You make my game as a survivor so much better.

• Like 16

I'd like to thank all the bandits. You make my game as a survivor so much better.

No problem. :>

• Like 3

I just realized that on the forums Survivor HQ has about 1000-1100 Post when Bandits have 600-700 that's only 400 away. There are quite alot of bandits in this game

Does anyone here have any suggestions to how I could be a successful bandit, just using the crossbow?

Does anyone here have any suggestions to how I could be a successful bandit' date=' just using the crossbow?

[/quote']

Be a damn good shot!

Just yesterday i actually got a lucky shot off.

was in a supermarket in a town south of nw airfield.

with my bycycle!

guy cruises in with his double barrell, all i had was a crosbow and 1 bolt.

he sees me, shits his pants and opens fired,

luckily his trigger finger was far too itchy and he pretty much blew a hole in the roof above his head.

I let loose the crossbow with perhaps the luckiest shot Ive ever taken, and BAM passes out, I then finished him with a good old hatchet.

so as far as crossbow use goes.... get really really lucky lol

• Like 3

Crossbow is mainly useful for zombie killing; it's quiet. Anyway, pointers. Keep in mind I havent used the crossbow too extensively myself, but from my experience here's what I have to say.

First let's start with the advantages of using it:

*its quiet

*powerful, usually knocks a person out in one shot

*recover ammo

*ammo quite common

Well that's quite a short list, but workable. Next the disadvantages:

*low ammo

*high reload time

*hard to aim

N

• Like 3

Crap I'm writin this on a phone and accidentally hit submit...

Anyway...

That is a short list too, but the disadvantages are pretty severe, but not unworkable. So, to combat the disadvantages and make use of the advantages, you're going to need to do a few things. First thing is practice your stealth: youre goin to need to be up close and personal to get anything out of the damn thing. Getting within 20-30 feet is essential, and preferably without your target noticing so he Isn't moving around haphazardly. Next you're goin to want two pieces of gear bad: a good side arm and a hatchet. If you get caught in a medium range engagement or a tight spot, you might be able to bail yourself out. A hatchet to finish off downed targets silently if you run out of crossbow ammo, you won't want to give up any of the crossbow's small list of advantages.

Sorry for any typos, this was typed on an iPhone. Also, hope i helped some :)

• Like 2

Hey! I'm thinking about creating a group of us that can work together to gear up and get vehicles to become a nice little clan together there is currently just me and 2 friends in it if anyones interested I could use tips for being a good bandit and if you wanna join etc. :)

• Like 7

You filthy, dirty bandits...

Edited by DayZPvP.com
  • Like 1

Hey, I was up in stary sobor at the military tents, heard shots. Found a guy, shot him with my enfield. He had an as50 with two 10 rnd mags and NVG's. I also have an ak with 2 mags as a secondary weapon. I have no clue what to do now and where to go with my AS. Any tips?

EDIT: Any help on how to use the mildots on the AS would be appreciated too.

Edited by Brownclown

Hey, I was up in stary sobor at the military tents, heard shots. Found a guy, shot him with my enfield. He had an as50 with two 10 rnd mags and NVG's. I also have an ak with 2 mags as a secondary weapon. I have no clue what to do now and where to go with my AS. Any tips?

EDIT: Any help on how to use the mildots on the AS would be appreciated too.

use it however you want... mildots are mainly used for rangefinding... very useful on the as50 because you can actually zero the damn thing. Anyway, the basic calculation is the height of the object ( in arma, a human is 1.8 meters tall), times 1000 divided by the height in mildots. So an example... let's say we have a target running across a field. He's 1.8 meters tall * 1000 is 1800. Next, put the horizontal line on his feet and measure how many mildots it is to his head.. lets just say 2.2. In arma, you can normally round things down when the target is at a reasonable difference, so we'll just round to 2 mildots. 1800/2 is 900 meters. Since he was a little bit taller than 2, we know he's a little less than 900 meters away. Now you can zero your scope to 900 meters, aim a little below center mass (DON'T go for headshots, as50 is a 1shot anywhere on the body), account for how he's moving, and shoot.

• Like 5

use it however you want... mildots are mainly used for rangefinding... very useful on the as50 because you can actually zero the damn thing. Anyway, the basic calculation is the height of the object ( in arma, a human is 1.8 meters tall), times 1000 divided by the height in mildots. So an example... let's say we have a target running across a field. He's 1.8 meters tall * 1000 is 1800. Next, put the horizontal line on his feet and measure how many mildots it is to his head.. lets just say 2.2. In arma, you can normally round things down when the target is at a reasonable difference, so we'll just round to 2 mildots. 1800/2 is 900 meters. Since he was a little bit taller than 2, we know he's a little less than 900 meters away. Now you can zero your scope to 900 meters, aim a little below center mass (DON'T go for headshots, as50 is a 1shot anywhere on the body), account for how he's moving, and shoot.

Thanks for the tips, any good sniping spots I should know about?

not giving out my secrets ;) no but just look around... it's not too hard ;)

Couple of good kills today.

One was in Nadezhdino 3 of us walk into the cow barn, me thinking "Nobody will be up here looting", I am told that there is 2 people at the far side of the room. BOOM! one of my squad is killed, Red chain ensues and the 2 people on screen magically disappear. about 45 seconds later after thinking the slimey bastards had DC'd we carry on searching. I see movement outside, what do you know Pinkie and Perky have come back to finish us off.

I move back to the original entrance and seconds later I see somebody looting my friends corpse. I tell my other guy that I'm taking him down, I zero my AKM to 100m and Aim for his head. I get the shot and I heard his legs break, Finished him off with my pistol. A few moments later my friend takes out the other "girl" (had a guys name) and then just before we could loot the bodies, they sink into the ground. I was pissed.

2nd kill today came from my shiny new M1017 barrett. Me and a new member to my squad were sat up on the construction building in cherno by the yellow crane. We had been there a while and I was getting bored, I did a quick scout about with my Binos around town and see a guy checking around town from the clock tower. I tell my friend be ready to move. i pulled out my M1017 and zeroed in. 1 Shot, Goodnight vienna.

It was the first shot i got to fire from my barrett because Ive been waiting for a special occasion. I knew how loud it was, thats why i told my friend to move after I took the shot.

• Like 1

How many kills are needed before you gain the bandit status in game?