Demoth

When is weapon damage being tweaked?

Weapon accuracy, handling and characteristics should all be fixed before they up the damage.

• Like 1

Weapon accuracy, handling and characteristics should all be fixed before they up the damage.

Accuracy in what way? The guns are pretty accurate giving the right conditions.

Then again, the Mosin is hyper accurate compared to what it should be, unless you are using some type of super Mosin that was a sniper variant perfectly preserved for 70 years.

Accuracy in what way? The guns are pretty accurate giving the right conditions.

Then again, the Mosin is hyper accurate compared to what it should be, unless you are using some type of super Mosin that was a sniper variant perfectly preserved for 70 years.

I agree the weapons do not have their correct MOA values.

Mosin is far too accurate for what it would be in real life, m4 is far too inaccurate same with the sks.

I shot a guy about 10 times with an M4 at the Palovo military base before he went down, i then put another 10 shots into him from distance as he lay on the ground to make sure. Thinking he was dead i then went to loot him only to find he was only unconcious, at which point i pulled out my magnum and head shot him to finish him off.... still didnt die, 2nd shot to the head finally finished him. :thumbsup:

What a fckin joke

I shot a guy about 10 times with an M4 at the Palovo military base before he went down, i then put another 10 shots into him from distance as he lay on the ground to make sure. Thinking he was dead i then went to loot him only to find he was only unconcious, at which point i pulled out my magnum and head shot him to finish him off.... still didnt die, 2nd shot to the head finally finished him. :thumbsup:

What a fckin joke

That's what I'm talking about :(

Dispersion needs to be addressed first.. I dont feel like throwing dice each time I start shooting someone.

Dispersion needs to be addressed first.. I dont feel like throwing dice each time I start shooting someone.

So you are saying that you'd rather shoot someone multiple times with no/little effect? I agree that dispersion needs to be addressed, but if the damage isn't fixed, then the dispersion doesn't even matter.

So you are saying that you'd rather shoot someone multiple times with no/little effect? I agree that dispersion needs to be addressed, but if the damage isn't fixed, then the dispersion doesn't even matter.

If they tweak damage first and then go back to dispersion, they might need to do it again after because accuracy is a big factor in damage dealt. If they tweak dispersion first and then the damage values it will save them the job of going back and re-evaluating things.

Dispersion is only a problem when you dont have the optimal parts for the weapon. Stick a compensator on a pristine mosin and it fires dead on. Equip an M4 with magpul parts and its also pretty accurate

If they tweak damage first and then go back to dispersion, they might need to do it again after because accuracy is a big factor in damage dealt. If they tweak dispersion first and then the damage values it will save them the job of going back and re-evaluating things.

We're talking about damage dispersion, not shot dispersion.

What's happening is that if you have 20 items in your inventory and you get shot with a Mosin, the damage is spread out to all the items before taking down your health. This results in it sometimes requiring you to be shot a LOT before you die, even if all you're carrying is food.

It also greatly favors weapons that fire fast as opposed to precision weapons. Currently the SKS is garbage (opinion!!!) because I've had to hit someone 6 times for them to drop with 1 of the shots being a headshot. The gun only holds 10 rounds and has a long reload, so if that person is moving with others, the chances of you killing them all is pretty low unless they are unarmed and naked.

Sorry to bump my own thread, but I'm going to do it once more in the hopes people who agree thar bullets and their damage mitigation by items and clothes gets addressed sooner than later (and remember to vote in the bug tracker!)

More tails from tonight; a guy was shooting at me frok sniper hill with a Mosin. I pull out my Mosin and plug him in the knee. He starts bleeding but runs away because who gives a SHIT about a 7.62 round to the leg? Not Iron Kneecap McGee!

Then my friend gets ambushed by two SKS assholes who want to kill a bambi. He gets hit 3 timed but manages to sprint away. In order to kill them I had to bury 2 Mosin shots into one guys knees to break his legs and then 2 more to tje head to knock him out (stupid ballistic helmet)

His buddy takes off like the dickens and so my friend comes back and has to shoot another time into the guys head to kill him.

C'mon dev team...