archangelalien

How To Move DayZ To SSD?

I installed Arma II, Arma II OA and ARMA II PM to my E drive, which is a large regular sata mechanical drive. I want to move the DayZ mod to my drive A, which is my Sata 3 Corsair SSD.

Is this easily done? I own all steam copies of Arma II.

You have to reinstall Steam in that drive, it's a mystery to me why you didn't do that in the first place.

You have to reinstall Steam in that drive' date=' it's a mystery to me why you didn't do that in the first place.

[/quote']

My steam install folder is over 156gb big. My ssd is 128gb and it holds battlefield 3, guild wars 2, world of warcraft ect. I can't fit every single arma II game onto the SSD. I have around 10 gbs of space left. Also around 24 games installed.

Maybe I will just have to save that space for Arma III open community Alpha if it's not possible to just move the mod.

You have to reinstall Steam in that drive' date=' it's a mystery to me why you didn't do that in the first place.

[/quote']

You most certainly do not - Simply moving the game to a different folder works fine since the game is not tied to Steam in any way.

[/quote']

You most certainly do not - Simply moving the game to a different folder works fine since the game is not tied to Steam in any way.

Just OA?

There is a program for doing this, all it does is create a sym link and shift it over so if you know how to do that then go ahead if not then find a program for it, cant remember the name of it but try steam mover in google... something along those lines should find you it. its what i done for arma2

Use mklink /J:

First, copy over the arma 2 and arma 2 operation arrowhead folders to your SSD. Once you're sure the copying went OK you can delete them from your mechanical drive. Remember their filepaths.

E = HDD

C = SSD

Open a CMD prompt:

mklink /J "E:/path/to/steam/steamapps/common/arma 2" "C:/destination/path/arma 2"

mklink /J "E:/path/to/steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead" "C:/destination/path/arma 2 operation arrowhead"

I haven't tested it with ArmA, but it has worked with other steam games.

EDIT:

OR, since it's a steam game, use SteamMover.

It does the exact same thing as the above but with a GUI:

http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover