Sign in to follow this  
justin1311

Anyone know how moddable the standalone is?

We also purchased the standalone DayZ. I didn't want to purchase a standalone DayZ that can be modded to shit so that weapons are everywhere, zombies are everywhere, and everyone who has ADHD and plays CoD goes on those servers leaving the game WE purchased completely empty.

So no, I hope modders fuck off this game.

Mother of god. You do NOT get it. Dayz MOD was broken not because of modding, but because it was a mod. Vanilla will always stay vanilla in dayz SA. It would be insane for a game that wouldn't exist if not for its popular mod spawning a whole sub-genre of games to not support modding, at some point, after release. If someone makes a better metagame out of the core DayZ game with a total conversion mod and the playerbase moves to that mod... well, the child has become the father at that point.

I don't think it's the maps people are worried about. The hacks the come with the mods, the easy gear that ran rampant in those mods etc. New maps would be great, easy gear, not so great. Is DayZ a survival game or not?

Care to back up that statement?

Care to back up that statement?

Modding won’t be supported on release, the game can’t support modding until the core architecture is locked down and hacking/security has been solved to an acceptable level  http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1ijj10/weekly_discussion_what_are_your_sa_release/cb542tu?context=3

Modding won’t be supported on release, the game can’t support modding until the core architecture is locked down and hacking/security has been solved to an acceptable level http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1ijj10/weekly_discussion_what_are_your_sa_release/cb542tu?context=3

It isn't really clear if rocket was talking about the release of the alpha, or the release of the full game In that comment.

I'm all for modding and custom servers. Give players the option to PvE, PvP, and everything in between. I'd rather have options, instead of being locked to one play style.

In the mod sometimes I felt like DayZero, sometimes I felt like Overwatch. The variety was nice.

Edited by Egrets

Modding won’t be supported on release, the game can’t support modding until the core architecture is locked down and hacking/security has been solved to an acceptable level http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1ijj10/weekly_discussion_what_are_your_sa_release/cb542tu?context=3

Sorry, I was replying more in regards to your statement that modding causes hacking, which I was hoping you could supply some more information on.

To my knowledge, though I am not infallible, modding didn't open the game up to additional vulnerabilities. All the hacking was a result of the engine architecture itself. Granted, there is a correlation, in that the engine is designed to allow modding, and it is the engine's flaws that allow hacking, but to state that modding causes hacking is incorrect.

It is possible to both allow modding and to close many of the holes created by the old, heavily client based, architecture. But to not allow modding before the engine rework is complete makes sense, as those sorts of changes are likely to alter the technical ways I. Which the mods work, breaking them.