Sign in to follow this  
ponc

Have Sticks (meele weapon) spawn at the beach

That's my suggestion for all those whining about no gun at spawn.

Have sticks (low low damage meele weapon) spawn at the beach (near bushes and such).

how about that?

fists would get you infected though? so maybe they could be a last resort as you'd need to find antibiotics after punching half rotten zombies?

If fists would get you infected, getting hit by a zombie would surely get you infected. I think it's safe to assume you're immune to zombification. (But you can get a cold!)

I suggested before having a shoulder ram to push over zombies/players would be suffice IMO. But yeah, I think there should be a bigger range in melee weapons as well. Axes, crowbars, scythes, umbrellas, iron poles, bats, Chairlegs, knives, tree branches, hell even a whiskey bottle that can smash and attract zombies. Of course they all need to have different weapon damage to distinguish their use

I like the intent, but don't think it is a good idea. Starting players should be encouraged to be stealthy and avoid combat - a low damage weapon would be pretty useless in terms of the damage that one or more Zeds do, and would be more a disadvantage than anything.

The engine does not support melee very well, so there is not much point in focusing a lot of effort in that area.

TBH If it was implemented a stick's durability would be really low and with such low damage kinda useless. It isnt hard to find a weapon. Go look up the wiki and learn some basic spawn locations. Lee einfields are common in barns

It doesn't work very well because it's got no focus on it. With work, anything can be achieved. Look at the stuff they've achieved with arma3 and continue to improve upon. Of course it's buggy and horrid now because it was just implemented, but it'll get improved upon until perfection, just like anything else. That being said, they should continue working on these areas until they're greatly improved. That, or they're just waiting to port this over to arma3, THEN do all the hard work of perfecting

But I do agree with you, you should have to stealth it to scavenge for weapons rather then just randomly finding them on the beach. But as it stands, zombies need to work a lot better for scavenging to be more enjoyable. As I said in another thread, I don't see the zombies as a scary threat, rather I see them as annoying terminators