Sign in to follow this  
exomonkeyman

Anti server hop needs a nerf

It needs to let your change server at least 2 times before getting hit with a 284 second wait timer.

Sucks when you join a terrible night server to find you now have to change and wait a few mins.... kinda annoying.

OR...

You could bother to check the time of the server before you mindlessly just click away like a junkie?

Besides, im sure the system will be refined over time.

• Like 10

OR...

You could bother to check the time of the server before you mindlessly just click away like a junkie?

It said 247 say... but it was night ):

And it said day. yet it was night QQ

Edited by exomonkeyman

It said 247 say... but it was night ):

And it said day. yet it was night QQ

Server time has its own column in server browser.

Again, pay attention before clicking away like your very existence depends on it, and life will treat you just dandy.

• Like 9

OR...

^ this. Server time is there. I have had one instance where I didn't deserve a timmer since I froze and crashed multiple times. I'd gladly get a small 5 minute login timmer that I didn't deserve every once in a while than have completely unchecked server hoppers. Its doesn't stop the problems, just annoy the problem makers.

There is no valid argument for nerfing the anti-hop measures, all the information you need to pick a suitable server is given to you and in the unlikely even that something goes wrong and you need to go to another server... a few minutes is a small wait in the large scheme of things.  The timers are essential to reducing combat logging and exploiting the hive by ghosting/hopping.

Off topic but why am i being forced to play a black woman. And i lost all my stuff after crashing??

Off topic but why am i being forced to play a black woman. And i lost all my stuff after crashing??

Your character is randomly generated, unless you SET A DEFAULT (look for the button - press CHARACTER FROM MAIN MENU).

As I said a few posts up, some reading past the length of your nose will have life treat you much better...

As for your stuff, its Alpha. Shit happens.

• Like 2

ah it's in character once you change it to the white woman, you click default or something to save it.

Like people above said, always check "Time" in server browser, that's the time of the game on that server

And I think system needs a nerf only in one way, and that is if you join a server, and leave in max 5 minutes, you don't get penalty, coz it happens often that you missclicked or something or need to join a friend on different server, so, you join, and leave instantly (up to 5 mins for example) = no penalty :)

Like people above said, always check "Time" in server browser, that's the time of the game on that server

And I think system needs a nerf only in one way, and that is if you join a server, and leave in max 5 minutes, you don't get penalty, coz it happens often that you missclicked or something or need to join a friend on different server, so, you join, and leave instantly (up to 5 mins for example) = no penalty :)

just enough time to loot the jail building... excellent idea  :huh:

Then hoppers join, start the clock, and leave before 5 is up. Rinse and repeat :)

Abusable.

Server hopper enters, notices another player in building waiting on him.

leaves.

Hops another server.

Runs out of building.

Hops back to original server.

Kills guy.

All this without being anywhere for more than 2 mins...

The ONLY concession I will make to timers nerf, is that REJOINING THE SAME SERVER WITHOUT GOIN ANYWHERE ELSE INBETWEEN should carry no penalty (aka: crash, disconnect, whatever).

Other than that single isolated example, I would like to see timers increased 10x to what they are now.

• Like 4

Abusable.

leaves.

Hops another server.

Runs out of building.

Kills guy.

The ONLY concession I will make to timers nerf, is that REJOINING THE SAME SERVER WITHOUT GOIN ANYWHERE ELSE INBETWEEN should carry no penalty (aka: crash, disconnect, whatever).

Other than that single isolated example, I would like to see timers increased 10x to what they are now.

50 minutes is a bit OTT.  I often play with a Canadian, finding a server that is playable for us can be a mare at times.  5 minutes is fine, I can make a cup of tea, skin up or take a shit.

That would completely eliminate any effectiveness against server hopping or ghosting.

50 minutes is a bit OTT.  I often play with a Canadian, finding a server that is playable for us can be a mare at times.  5 minutes is fine, I can make a cup of tea, skin up or take a shit.

Favorites list, the Ultimate Cheat Code...

Abusable.

leaves.

Hops another server.

Runs out of building.

Kills guy.

Good point, I like the no moving rule added to it, even 1 min would be enough also, as long as it's not 5 min penalty for just a mistake :)

I also agree with other people that responded, it would be abusable, I wasn't thinking too much about it coz I don't have that mindset I guess :D

Edited by Electriq

Although that sounds fair it could be used to ghost a lot ;)

Although that sounds fair it could be used to ghost a lot ;)

You seemed to have missed the "WITHOUT GOIN ANYWHERE" part.

Meaning no movement at all.

No other servers inbetween.

NOTHING.

As in: You disconnect and reconnect to the EXACT SAME SERVER.

If you accidentally misclicked another server = chew on this tasty timer.

Agreed rejoining the same server after disconnect is the only time I've encountered the timer.

If they did that it would be hilarious, make it coincide with the forum mods going on holiday.. oh the flames the tears.