Sign in to follow this  
Rrezz

Greatest Experience Ever on DayZ (Long post)

Fairly long post, divided by colors. Cyan is the Story, Orange is Background for a feel of what we are about, pink is after-thought info.

I haven't played DayZ in around 2-3 weeks, I was fairly active with my Clan up until the Update where you could paint guns, stopped playing 2-3 days afterward and just played again today with 2 guys from my clan.

Here's some background:

I wouldn't consider ourselves as "Bandits" but rather vigilante's. We DO hold players up at gunpoint, usually handcuff them, search them for supplies, let them know we are recruiting, and let them go on there way. Of-course, we do bandit stuff as-well, well mostly me as there are people who are trusting and then there's me.

Ex: A Guy and his friend shot at us, we killed his friend and we managed to capture him by overwhelming him 5 to 1 saying to give up so he did, my clan mates handcuffed him, and searched him and in TS  we where divided between "I think we can trust him he seems pretty scared and won't fire at us again" and "He could easily shoot one of us once he's outside and hidden" of-course after 2 minutes of debate, I just straight up shoot him in the head and kill him, after-all he just shot at us. So everyone in the TS is saying stuff like "OMG you just shot him" and "hahaha I can't believe you just shot him out of know-where" and we reminisce about what just happened, having a good laugh since what I did was completely unexpected and random. 

We DO help players, like Bambi's etc we never kill unless they attack us, also if someone doesn't have a gun out we will warn them that if they take it out we will be forced to shoot. we only really do Bandit things to players who shoot at us, sometimes we do it to the occasional friendly just for fun like steal there pants and handcuff them and leave them there. But we only kill people who shot at us.

Here's my Story...

My Friend asked me to play DayZ, and we found out our clan finally got a DayZ server, so we decided "Hey why not play on that? It's 35/40 people just what we like to play on". So we logged in I was a fresh spawn and my friend was at NWAF. We noticed another clan was in the server and hoped we would run into them for some nice action.

I was on my way there, around the coast near Berezino, when another Clan-mate joined the TS channel we where in saying the clan had 2 guys patrolling around Stary Sobor and Novy Sobor, and that they had asked my clan-mate and his friend to turn around and leave saying they where peaceful and didn't want any trouble. Of-course as soon as they turned around and started to leave the clan-mates friend got shot in the back and died, and my clan-mate somehow got away and made it to NWAF where my other clan mate was.

So they wait for me, and we decide to meet at the Military Base south of NWAF.

I get there finally, and there has been no action. They then made jokes about how I look like Kony because my default char is a Black man with Green Shirt and pants, and I had picked up hiking boots, and a beret + sunglasses and I did look exactly like him in all honesty. They take screenshots etc as I pose using the new point gesture saying things like "Kony wants you 2014" etc having a good laugh. So we decide to move out...

We walk around the place notice someones been there, and I walk up to the prison do the 3rd Person look through walls trick (Yeah I know I'm a bad player whatever I'd rather not walk in on 5 guys with M4's). I don't see anyone, so I open the door and TWO guys are right there guns pointed at the door and all I got is a Magnum and they start to fire at me I panic and empty my clip while moving to the side and somehow killed one of them, so my one friend went on the other side of the doors to peak in, while the enemy was near the staircase peaking around the wall and firing out the door so my other clan mate goes into the trees so the enemy can't see him and eventually shoots him enough so he bleeds. The enemy runs upstairs, and we hear bandaging, so I quickly tell my clan-mate I'm going in full on SWAT infiltration style, and kill him as he is bandaging.

I then loot him for SGS, we are celebrating our victory, my clan-mate then shoots both dead bodies to make sure they are dead.

All of a sudden we hear in-game voice chat "Hey are you guys from this servers clan? We can see you." and we're like "OMG someone else is outside" so we look through the walls and we see 6 guys surrounding the building, and we immediately realize that it's the clan on our server.

So I tell them "DO NOT SPEAK IN-GAME messages or they will know we are the clan of this server and we will be KOS".

This clan says "Were friendly and have injured players in there we just want to heal them and leave" at this point I say in VC(Voice Chat) "We killed both of the guys in here they shot at us first" and the clan reply's "he's unconscious not dead" and we are freaking out as to how he can not be dead after being shot while unconscious. I tell my clan mates in TS "We are at a military base, one does not simply go to a military base and claim to be  friendly so don't trust them"

So I say "We are friendly, and just defended ourselves" which was true, the unconscious guy says 'We did fire on them because we where scared" which confirmed we didn't lie.

So a guy in other clan says "I'm coming in with my hands up don't shoot"  and I tell him "Ok we won't shoot just heal your friend and leave please" and my friend and clan mate at this point are saying stuff like "Man this is insane we should just cap this guy" and I tell them "Bro they have 6 guys, we are 3, 2 of us see all grey they would wipe us out if they rushed us not to mention we have 1 mosin, 1 sgs, and 1 m4. and they have 4 guys with m4's and 2 with mosins" and "Whatever you do DO NOT talk in-game via messages or they will KNOW we are apart of the clan" (We have our clan tag in-front of our name the same as our server)

So I allow the guy to come in, he heals his friend and his friend crawls out, he then leaves and the next 5 minutes this clan has the jail surrounded and my friends are freaking out in TS. 

And I say "Thank god they didn't find out we were apart of the clan that runs this server", and right after I say that I kid you not a guy from the opposite clan joins our TS and says he is from the other clan and knows it's us in there, and says stuff like "we are going to the firehouse now and we are friendly so if you need any medical supplies we will be there" then he leaves.

And we freak out wondering how he got our TS info etc, but we figure he got it off recruitment thread etc.

Afterward we literally camp inside the jail for a good 30-45 minutes after they leave, because my clan-mate thinks they have snipers in the tree's etc.

So I eventually leave the jail and search the tree's barracks surrounding it because they are both paranoid at this point, and it's all clear and we decide to log for the night since it's 5am for them cause they live in Sweden.

Needless to say, in a situation like this we would have normally logged out in a 6v3 situation as it is usually hopeless.

But because of the new 30 second log-out timer to prevent combat logging we stayed as they would have killed us most likely after we logged due to our characters still being there for 30 seconds.

And I am now 100% certain the game is SO much better because of it.

No longer will players combat log, and no longer can WE combat log. The game now has a new level of thrill for me and my clan.

Honestly, I do hope that one day they fix the look through walls trick, as-well as other stuff like it.

I generally only use 3rd person to run around, and 1st person when I'm in a potentially dangerous area.

All in all this is THE best experience of my DayZ career and because of it I have become addicted to this game once again.

If you have a story to tell feel free to post it below as I would like to hear about it :P

• Like 1

Fairly long post, divided by colors. Cyan is the Story, Orange is Background for a feel of what we are about, pink is after-thought info.

1,so we look through the walls and we see 6 guys

1. I walk up to the prison do the 3rd Person look through walls trick

2, DO NOT SPEAK IN-GAME messages or they will know we are the clan of this server and we will be KOS

3,Needless to say, in a situation like this we would have normally logged out

1, you admit to using glitches.

2, you just kos'd ..whats the difference?

3,so your a useless combat logger....

so the whole point of this is what?

your crew uses glitches you combat log and you kos then bitch if someone wants to kos you?

So you would have combat logged if it weren't a death sentence now? You sound like a darned combat logging server hopping 3pp pretty britches to me!

• Like 1

Not impressed. If you get into a firefight, you either win or end up dead. That's the chance you take. I mean, yes...in my past, I mean...back in like June 2012 when the MOD first released, I did similar things...but having been apart of this community for over a year, the only way to get any thrill out of this game is to lose ALL attachment with your gear, and play for the emotional value purely. If you get put into a situation where you're out numbered, either A) Find a way to talk your way out of the situation or surrender if you can't fathom losing all your precious gear that you acquired in maybe 2 hours time, or B) Idk, use your head and out-play your opponent? I mean, how many cases have we seen in the modern military age (WW2 and After) where smaller numbers have beaten bigger numbers with similar weaponry. Just takes some ingenuity, strategy, and execution.

Edited by KFieLd

I think the point of his post is that he is learning that not combat logging makes the game better, yes it sounds like he is a pretty bad player but is learning to be better.

Speaking to you directly; why do you feel it's the devs responsibility to restrict your behaviour and make you a better player, you can choose to be better you don't need it forced on you.