IceFried

DayZ causing my internet to crash

Most servers i attempt to connect to result in a disconnect either immediately or after a brief period of time. However that wouldn't really be such a problem for me if it didn't take my internet connection along with it. This is happening way too often, and my internet is gone for a couple of minutes after the disconnect which means the game itself is crashing my internet which causes me to disconnect.

I have windows 8.1

gtx 570

intel i7 2600k

8GB ddr3

I was playing on the lowest settings and in the config file in documents i set the max gpu rendering distance to 1. So the preformance isn't the problem, it's keeping my goddamn internet alive. I don't have these kinds of disruptions until i run DayZ.

Firewalls and antiviruses all disabled.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT:

Oh, and i have looked around for similar issues, and the only thing i could find was a post from 2012 on the old DayZ where a person had the same problem as i, solved it by running the game in windowed mode, so i tried that with no success.

Edited by IceFried

I have never heard of a game ever crashing someones internet. Maybe your internet just sucks. idk.

3307452917.png

34 mbs connection. Works perfectly fine until i try to enter a server, then it just crashes. Doesn't happen with anything else other than DayZ.

This is the first time i read about this problem..you should check your router settings when you join in a server or you may install the game again.

Probably is fault of something in your router configuration who goes in conflict with dayz.

I had a problem with Arma 2 when id update through Six Updater it would update Arma2 then drop my internet, Not the same problem ? but its possible for it to happen.

Disable firewall on your router and any windows/Virus firewalls. Also try a program called smart port forwarding it allows you to try different ports, Arma engine people suggest UDP ports in, range 2302-2305 / TCP range 2302-2305 worth a try ?

Edited by Smiley_ie

I have the same issue.

This only happens in the server browser and when attempting to join a server.

Once i (randomly) manage to join a server, everything is smooth sailing.

But 90% of the time i can't join anywhere and internet connection craps out.

What's interesting is that already existing connections persist through this period.

We talk with friends over Mumble, and the mumble connection functions as expected while all new ip connections fail.

This also applies to OTHER computers behind the same IP.

My laptop cannot browse the internet while my desktop machine dayz server browser is open.

I have also tried to disconnect my router and play directly, but this has had no effect.

There's a few tickets in the bug tracker that could be related to this:

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=6827

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=6737

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=5000

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=8040

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=6779 (might not apply, but when trying to join, my friend sees 'shole kicked: battleye client not responding', but i see nothing)

Edited by shole

I definitely have the same problem as you shole , with everything crapping out like steam , but skype stays strong throughout. 

I have this issue too. I am sure its the server browser hogging all the ports. It doesnt even take up much bandwidth but it blocks all communication for nearly every other application trying to use the internet. In the mod it was possible to limit the number of ports used by dayz commander but that option doesnt exist i standalone

I have posted it before (in another thread) but I'll post it again here:

Disable your routers firewall (sometimes also called SIP). This will help to a certain extent.

The problem is that the game requests the server list and gets flooded with UDP packets from the found servers resuling in your router getting overwhelmed (essentially you are getting a denial of services effect, thus the problem becomes greater if you have more clients running dayz on a signle router).

This is caused by poor socket programming. The best way to fix this is to buy a router able to handle as many connections as possible.

Ofcourse the devs could save us a few bucks if they actually pay attention to all the posts about this problem and address their (or someone elses) poor programming (or just come up with an adequate solution by using different topology if the engine has been poorly written, they have no excuse for this monstrosity) instead of introducing cowboy hats.

Edited by BlinkingRiki182
  • Like 1

if you have this issue, please go vote the tickets that apply on the issue tracker

more votes mean more developer attention

i posted a list of issues that might apply above but check the description

@Scavenger:

i have no firewall on my router

and i have the same issue without my router plugged in

though, this might help for some people who do

I created an issue for this problem (I know there were several issues regarding that problem but mine is more analytical and proposes a solution):

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=8949

Please vote it up, I have requested a solution to the problem to the devs (it requires them buying a new router and some server time instead of all of us buying new routers, it's more efficient right?)

• Like 1

Most servers i attempt to connect to result in a disconnect either immediately or after a brief period of time. However that wouldn't really be such a problem for me if it didn't take my internet connection along with it. This is happening way too often, and my internet is gone for a couple of minutes after the disconnect which means the game itself is crashing my internet which causes me to disconnect.

I have windows 8.1

gtx 570

intel i7 2600k

8GB ddr3

I was playing on the lowest settings and in the config file in documents i set the max gpu rendering distance to 1. So the preformance isn't the problem, it's keeping my goddamn internet alive. I don't have these kinds of disruptions until i run DayZ.

Firewalls and antiviruses all disabled.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT:

Oh, and i have looked around for similar issues, and the only thing i could find was a post from 2012 on the old DayZ where a person had the same problem as i, solved it by running the game in windowed mode, so i tried that with no success.

I've been having this problem too, for quite some time now...

I had a problem with Arma 2 when id update through Six Updater it would update Arma2 then drop my internet, Not the same problem ? but its possible for it to happen.

Disable firewall on your router and any windows/Virus firewalls. Also try a program called smart port forwarding it allows you to try different ports, Arma engine people suggest UDP ports in, range 2302-2305 / TCP range 2302-2305 worth a try ?

Tried it, got the same result as always.. really frustrating, i haven't been able to play the game for a couple of days now. Even if i manage to somehow join a server i get disconnected in about 5 seconds.

Edited by IceFried

I created an issue for this problem (I know there were several issues regarding that problem but mine is more analytical and proposes a solution):

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=8949

Please vote it up, I have requested a solution to the problem to the devs (it requires them buying a new router and some server time instead of all of us buying new routers, it's more efficient right?)

How do we vote it up? This happened many times to me and my friend last night. Cant see any option on the website to vote.

How do we vote it up? This happened many times to me and my friend last night. Cant see any option on the website to vote.

They made it pretty dumb, you need a separate account for the issues section (to vote and to create issues).

So, the game is basically performing a denial of service attack on my router?

O.O

So, the game is basically performing a denial of service attack on my router?

O.O

This is what happens essentially. I think it is embedded in the RV engine but a fix can be easily done.

I have the same issue. Furthermore when i play League of Legends after playing DayZ i get constant DCs too.

This is still a big problem for me. Especially when some ass kicks you off his "private" server and basically performs a denial of service attack on you. (Underground Gaming - talking to you man).