Sign in to follow this  
Wang (DayZ)

Pvp Server hopping

I think it does take the fun out of the game when you kill one player then his friend alt f4's out joins another server get up behind you then snipes you...is not a intended or fun thing in this game.

It needs fixing.

P.S.

I have not resorted to pressing P constantly to see if certain names rejoin servers.....this is fun.......

It could've just been plain old bad luck.

Earlier today I logged on and spawned right behind a guy at the balota medical camp.

+1 I think characters should be server dependant, or at least put some restrictions, like to play on a new server you have to transfer your character with a 1 hour wait time.

Server hopping is a massive exploit, things like wire fences and sandbags are pointless because someone can just hop server and log in behind them.

Sniper on a roof a problem for you? Hop server, climb up and log in behind him.

This needs to be dealt with, it's an exploit and nothing else. It should really be a bannable offence.

Would not be a problem if server owners had the capability to store the mysql data LOCALLY instead of sending it to a already overloaded server.

But, instead, server owners only have the ability to restart the server(Only a few times a day, or we will be reported for some sort of exploitation or something.....).

It could've just been plain old bad luck.

Earlier today I logged on and spawned right behind a guy at the balota medical camp.

it wasnt luck...

This was in a remote area near our camp.

Two guys raided out camp i killed one with a LMG the other hid behind one of our vehicles i saw him log out.

I repositioned myself under another tree around 200m from my orginal position as i knew he would server hop.

Then 4 mintures late. I got DMR'd.

Also sorry i didnt look at posts, i was raging a little to hard.