Sign in to follow this  
MangoX

Axe sounds like arrow and alerts zeds

Just FYI "No results found for 'axe'."

So i did use the search function.

Anyways using axe sounds like arrow hitting shot from crossbow. Which made me think that different crossbows would be cool wapons to add. But also axe hit sounds kinda stupid to me. Also i did sneaked behind zombie and killed it with hit in head. This alerted nearby but still out of view range zombies in town and all the sudden 5 zombies was running after me from every direction. Which doesnt make sense i coulda just used magnum there as that silent weapon wasnt so silent afterall..

So im suggesting to make new sound for axe and implementing crossbow in game and looking bit about these "silent" weapons alerting zombies to attack you.

Edited by MangoX

Just FYI "No results found for 'axe'."

So i did use the search function.

Anyways using axe sounds like arrow hitting shot from crossbow. Which made me think that different crossbows would be cool wapons to add. But also axe hit sounds kinda stupid to me. Also i did sneaked behind zombie and killed it with hit in head. This alerted nearby but still out of view range zombies in town and all the sudden 5 zombies was running after me from every direction. Which doesnt make sence i coulda just used magnum there as that silent weapon wasnt so silent afterall..

So im suggesting to make new sound for axe and implementing crossbow in game and looking bit about these "silent" weapons alerting zombies to attack you.

the crossbow is on a list to be implemented in the game (link here). the arrow-like sound is a placeholder for the new sounds that are going to be in the game. but always good to check out stuff, but you should check out this post of Rocket with known issues (link here).

Edited by r0nalxd
  • Like 1

the crossbow is on a list to be implemented in the game (link here). the arrow-like sound is a placeholder for the new sounds that are going to be in the game. but always good to check out stuff, but you should check out this post of Rocket with known issues (link here).

Thanks for links. I look on those. Was things in my mind i didnt see on forums but im kinda new here and not too keen to play half hour with search thing lol. Maybe i coulda posted this on other category tho.. Like general discussion or new player discussion. Drunken posting ftw!!

Well, at first it sounded off like a bullet, now like an arrow, I guess next patch it will sound like a rock if we're moving down the chain :P

Well, at first it sounded off like a bullet, now like an arrow, I guess next patch it will sound like a rock if we're moving down the chain :P

Tbh ive heard the old spagetti western typish gun sound from axe but then there is also this arrow typish sound.

As for axe "headshot" someone could just go record axe smashing pumpkin on log. ;D

Atleast with the splitting axe :D

Edited by MangoX