over9000nukez

how do YOU dress to look friendly? and what not to dress?

I think if you wear a mask that covers the face, it just naturally appears more hostile.  Even though the character models don't make facial expressions, I think seeing someone with a mask you're just more likely to question their intentions, just as if you saw someone in real life wearing something over their face.

Also, keeping your gun down and not moving around like you're looking for someone to shoot also helps. 

Anyone can get shot anytime for looking like anything.  For gods sake this game is about survival and people kill to survive.  I have had the same character for 4 weeks now playing on all different servers.  I've only ever killed 3 people and i almost died about twice that amount.  Right now my hobby is collecting handcuffs and walkie talkie's, which I will use to scare the crap out of some poor people after setting them up in a high traffic area and then blasting something crazy like Hendrix or Orsen Wells War Of The Worlds.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwjrvj4x620q5lr/2014-02-14_00004.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mim9byg1ogw9sit/2014-02-13_00018.jpg

2014-02-13_00018.jpg

I never dress to look friendly, I dress to not be seen, so TTsKo and an olive or dpm chest rig is ideal. Sure, there are some that might decide that the outfit makes me a bandit, but then again, I'm usually carrying a rifle as well, so those folks would be wise and prudent to avoid me or gun me down before I see them.

There are a few clothing articles that I will avoid, though. Payday masks are the mark of a lunatic, anyone who wears one is asking for a bullet. Gas masks, having no real purpose at the moment, seem to be unanimously agreed upon as bandit attire. One item in particular that I avoid is the chest holster, especially if I have no pistol to put in it, as then someone might see it and notice that it's empty without realizing that there isn't a pistol in my hands. I feel like the chest holder, particularly an empty one, might have a subconscious effect on other players, providing them a reason to be hostile.

Flip the question around, though, and pretty well the only thing I look for in another player to determine their probable level of hostility is a rifle, and if it's raised, pointed at me, etc. If you're stalking around with a raised rifle looking like you're expecting to have to shoot someone, then I'm going to assume that's your plan, and act accordingly.

I'm usually wearing full camo, a mountain backpack and a cowboy hat... sometimes I wear a gas mask (or very occasionally a payday mask) and I'm usually toting a rifle.

but I'm no bandit, I'll shoot someone if they seem like they're gonna be hostile (such as sitting in a sniper spot or something), but more often then not I'll try and establish a line of communication. at my worst I screw around with fresh spawns, feed them anti bacterial spray if I'm in a bad mood, but more often then not I like to share my beans. I hope people don't just shoot me because of how I dress, that would be unfortunate.

I dress up as friendly as possibly i.e civilian type clothing, and manipulate, betray, and murder. Thanks for all of these wonderful tips on what you find more trusting.

I think the gun you're carrying will impart an opinion to others more than the style of clothes you are wearing.

Edited by zaphodity