Sign in to follow this  
fml

Morphine Injector cancel

I think it would be a neat little addition to dayz if you extended the time window to cancel the morphine injection. You are able to cancel the morphine animation for about 2 seconds. The last 3 seconds you are unable to cancel. This would make it more life like in my opinion.

I went into a supermarket and in the back rooms was a guy crouching in the corner with an axe. As I begin to ask if he is friendly he starts swinging his axe and I kill him. I go into the next room, many zombies come, and my bones broke when a few of them attacked through the wall. The zombies die, and I begin using morphine and another zombie comes up. I cancel the morphine animation a little less than halfway through and kill the remaining zombie.

As I bandage myself and then use the morphine, I hear something crawling towards the door. I see it is a player with an ak drawn in the grass, I start moving to cancel the morphine, repeatedly mashing the movement keys and fire weapon button. But it wouldnt cancel. And he killed me.

If the animation was able to be canceled the whole way through, I wouldve killed him easily and kept my equipment. Thanks for reading!