Sign in to follow this  
Karmaterror

Blood on hands when searching a body that was shot

OK soo i was reading a thread in general about needing a way to identify bandits. That thread is a bit of a mess so i thought id post the idea here aswell. Its meant to be an immersive way to help identify potential bandits.

If you shoot someone, then search the body your palms and maybe even the lowwer sleeves (or forearm if wearing a tshirt) gets some blood effects applied to it. You can wash them off at any lake or well. Or use an entire bottle/canteen of water to wash them on the go. 

Bandits could be caught red handed, and could lead to some innocent looters getting the blame for a murder they didn't commit. But it might make people think twice about looting a corpse in a busy area lest they be branded a murderer by the next person they see :)

Well what you guys think?

• Like 1

I had two bandit scum chasing me yesterday. I hid all of my stuff and then found a pen so I left a note on my body that pretty much said "You have really bad aim, I hid my stuff, you won't find it" I then ran back out so they could kill me, which took between them a total of about 10 shots (they were on a roof near berezino...and those aren't counting the shots that I avoided before I hid everything) When I heard him come up to my body to search it, I told him over VOIP to read the note and learn to aim. then I respawned nearby. I went back there immediately  and I was right, they couldn't find the stuff I dropped and they were no where to be found.

Edited by MagneticToast
  • Like 3

I had two bandit scum chasing me yesterday. I hid all of my stuff and then found a pen so I left a note on my body that pretty much said "You have really bad aim, I hid my stuff, you won't find it" I then ran back out so they could kill me, which took between them a total of about 10 shots (they were on a roof near berezino...and those aren't counting the shots that I avoided before I hid everything) When I heard him come up to my body to search it, I told him over VOIP to read the note and learn to aim. then I respawned nearby. I went back there immediately  and I was right, they couldn't find the stuff I dropped and they were no where to be found.

You really, really needed to have recorded a video of this. That's pretty epic right there.

• Like 1

considering how everyone wants realism in the game.. wouldnt a rag fix this situation?

I don't think rags alone would resolve the bloody hands, perhaps only soften the effect?

Not again.. what is it with people absolutely needing to identify "bandits"? And what about KoS guys that just shoot people and never loot them? I guess their hands are clear, alright, let me just put down my SKS... You are dead.

Furthermore, this idea makes absolutely no sense even if tevery "bandit" went through the bodies. What makes you think every dead body is blood-soaked? If someone headshot a guy, chances are, there's no blood covering the rest of his pickets.

Part of the charm of Dayz is that you just can't tell who you're running into, yet people feel the need to put boundaries around themselves.

• Like 1

Not again.. what is it with people absolutely needing to identify "bandits"? And what about KoS guys that just shoot people and never loot them? I guess their hands are clear, alright, let me just put down my SKS... You are dead.

Furthermore, this idea makes absolutely no sense even if tevery "bandit" went through the bodies. What makes you think every dead body is blood-soaked? If someone headshot a guy, chances are, there's no blood covering the rest of his pickets.

Part of the charm of Dayz is that you just can't tell who you're running into, yet people feel the need to put boundaries around themselves.

This is as much an immersion idea as it is to mark bandits, gunshots cause blood, you would have to turn the corpse and move it around to get access to most of the pockets so you couldn't really avoid it :)

This is as much an immersion idea as it is to mark bandits, gunshots cause blood, you would have to turn the corpse and move it around to get access to most of the pockets so you couldn't really avoid it :)

There is no immersion in getting blood soaked hands after you go through a body. Also, what if a friendly guy gets shot, but manages to overcome his assaliant?

Oh oh, better not loot his body, or I might get marked as a bandit.

The idea has so many flaws and misinterpretations..

Hmmm so blood on hands from searching a guy whos been shot is flawed.....sorry carnt see it, give me more ways its flawed.

In your last post you imply a headshot wouldnt create much blood. Exit wounds are massive, a 9mm round coming out the back of your skull has the explosive force to blow up to a 3 inch hole in the back of your head. Seems like your a bandit who dosent want his backstabbing ways to have a downside to me :P

Hmmm so blood on hands from searching a guy whos been shot is flawed.....sorry carnt see it, give me more ways its flawed.

In your last post you imply a headshot wouldnt create much blood. Exit wounds are massive, a 9mm round coming out the back of your skull has the explosive force to blow up to a 3 inch hole in the back of your head. Seems like your a bandit who dosent want his backstabbing ways to have a downside to me :P

What, do you want me to repeat myself now, you just gotta scroll up, give it a try.

There doesn't have to be an exit wound from the head bro. Especially if you have a helmet. Smaller calibers also don't have exit wounds to the head even without any protection.

Also, even if there is an exit wound it certainly won't spray the body but project itself according to the bullet trajectory.

I'm not a "bandit", though I KoS a lot. And a lot of times I don't even search the body.. which is beside the point, a bad idea doesn't have upsides, so discussing downsides is moot.

I don't think it should be used for identifying bandits, because looting bodies is something non-bandits will obviously do. But it could lead to some interesting conversations -- "why do you have blood on your hands?" "I found a body, I swear!"

Anything to make the game more dynamic and interesting gets my vote.

Ok so you deny that handling a dead body (via a bullet wound) would result in blood transfer to your hands?

How can i explain this, the whole point is that it was authentic. And that it dosent effect only bandits, thats what you seemed to disagree with....the identifying bandits part. But think, it could also have drawbacks for friendlys. Like you said a friendly defends himself then looots the bandit. He then has to explain to the next guy he meets where the blood came from, or that guy could shoot. Its not like im saying lets give mandits a bright red arrow above them....just a realistic thing that could happen from handlng bodies. Also it wouldnt be like you could see it from miles away. 

And anyway.....you could wash it off....i still aint seen you post why its flawed beyond...

"theres no immersion in blood soaked hands after you go through a body"....that you dont elaborate on...you just say that. 

and innocents being mistaken for bandits....which i said in OP is part of the fun....is it a bandit....or is his sob story true :)

EDIT yeah basically the post above this...its not one sided towards bandits...its just immersive and could lead to interesting interaction :)

Edited by Karmaterror

You really, really needed to have recorded a video of this. That's pretty epic right there.

Can't imagine how badly the game would run for me if I tried recording it, but I agree it would have been nice.

Hopefully they'll add gunshot wounds like they had in the mod..I'd also like to see bloody hands/body parts but that doesn't mean bandit.