lumo1234

My suggestion thread!

Ok before i start i am aware some of the following things may have already been suggested, i may or may not have seen them. If i am double posting suggestions it is down to the fact that i either A. Believe that it is a good idea or B. Have taken the idea and put my own spin on it or C. Have not seen the original suggestion in the first place. If i do post something that i have read i will give credit to the original poster.

With that out of the way this thread will contain a varied amount of suggestions i have been coming up with over the past month or so, posting them all in the same thread so im not making thread after thread after thread.

I am aware these ideas may all have floors to them and i am open to critisism however one thing i do ask is if you feel an idea is on the right track but you have your own input on it please feel free to add it. Also if you just flat out dont like an idea please state why, i dont want to come off as an arsehole i would just like to see your opinions.

1. The Campaign for Iron Sight Zoom (Credit goes to Gews for this)

Wont go into alot of detail as simply linking the thread http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/165710-the-campaign-for-iron-sight-zoom/#entry1677913 is just as effective.

I think this is a great idea tbh and dont fully understand why it isnt already in the game.

2. Aspects of survival

I know the game is still in early alpha stages and things are already planned to be added but some of this things i would love to see in terms of survival are things such as harsh and unforgiving weather. Weather that forces you to either find or create your own shelter in and around the environments.

I would love it if tents where not only a way to store items but also a way to protect yourself from say rain so you stay dry and warm, as getting too wet and staying cold could give you hypothermia etc... Different sized tents could provide more room for storage or fit more people inside(you would have to decide if you wanted to sacrifice storage for items for space for friends) the downside to this is the larger your tent the more noticeable it is.

Tents could also be more than one colour and not all are camo. Some being rarer than others. Not only tents/houses could be used but other forms of "construct-able" shelter could be in game. The possibility's of it are endless! (when i say construct-able i dont mean making stupidly larger towers etc... i mean set things such as combine "This" item with "that" item and then "those" items and it makes "This" Basically the crafting system we have in game already)

I also find the idea that being able to wear a poncho over your gear (without it replacing anything) to keep yourself dry and slightly warmer during harsh weather a really nice idea. Again these could be varied in colour ranging from cheap ones you get at sea side resorts to fully camo'd military ponchos again some of the types of poncho would be more common than others.

3. Party/buddie system - Clan bases - Instanced bases

Now before everyone gets all anti thread and starts the flames, when i say this i dont mean join a party like in a typical MMORPG, you can see where your party members are on map etc... i mention this idea as i remember reading/hearing the plan for base building would be instanced underground bases/barricading currently existing structures. I suggest a party type system purely so you could enter your "instanced" base with a friend(s) with ease. That is all, it would offer no other in-game advantages.

Clan bases are an idea i have been mulling around recently and think it would be a good idea. It could work along side steam groups. A clan could create a invite only steam group and this would grant them access to the "instanced" clan base for said steam group. Clan bases could be decorated with different types of "Trophy's/heads" ranging from your average deer kill to zombies and players too. Maybe the ability to find cameras in game and take photographs to frame and mount on your clans base walls.

Instanced bases is something i think could be a tricky task to pull off but if done correctly would be absolutely amazing. For example i dont feel they should have a large amount of room for storage as that would just ruin the game play. After all why would you go to the trouble of finding what you feel is a good spot for you to store items in a tent and run the risk of someone coming along and taking your items when you can just store it in your own "instanced" base. It would also be entertaining if your bases could be improved with different forms of craft-able furnishings. Such as chairs, a fire pit etc... The ability to log out inside clan/personal bases should have serious thought put into it as having the ability to do so would remove the aspect of fear every time you log in.

4. New/improved map

We all know that the devs are working on adding life into the currently barren northern side of the map. I think some good ideas for buildings would be not just towns and a massive shopping mall(believe ive read/heard the devs are already thinking about this somewhere, but i cant remember) but say a power station.

Players could work towards getting this operational again, this could restore power to some (not all) of the citys and towns dotted around the map, this could give players another form of "end-game" to work towards, however the power would not stay on forever but only a set amount of time after which it would need to be done all over again.

I also think that possibly "expanding" the current map may be a good idea if it cannot be done then add a way to "teleport" to a new zone, for example you reach the far north of the map and it enters an animation where you character continues to walk forwards but looks behind into the sky/sunlight gets blinded by the light and when they look back round your in the new area.

Reasons for doing this are numerous you could even add a very large military base, with new types of buildings that have a chance to spawn very high end military gear(High power military rifles, night vision goggles etc...), these could be the only buildings on the map that spawn said items. This could put an end the the "bambi sniping" on the coast and get more people to finally move in-land. It would be a high risk high reward area than im sure would make for some exellent PvP.

5. Zombies/infected

When i think of Zombies i prefer to think of them as "infected" as this gives you more room to play with in terms of customizing them. Im sure we are all looking forward to the revamp of the Zombies in DayZ and also cant wait for the added amount of them and also when we can loot zombies for some useful items.

While thinking of this i had the idea of how it would be rather a lot of fun to also have "Boss" type zombies (replace the word boss with other things such as big ass mother fuckers if you like) that would be incredibly hard to kill but yeilded some very good loot. For this reason there would have to be a limited number spawn say 1 in 1 or 2 of the major citys (this makes them even harder as if the numbers are correct they could be surrounded by hundreds of zombies) and possibly one would spawn in a "roaming horde" if that feature also gets implemented. This also adds an element of PvE action "end-game"

This is all i can be bothered to do at the moment(some ideas are more in depth), finished a 12 hour night shift and 6am after 4 hours sleep prior to it so im going to bed. Ill add more when i have time/can be bothered. Thanks for reading so far. :)