Sign in to follow this  
Vile (DayZ)

spawning in debug forest - all gear lost.

I remember hearing something about this being that there was a player cap that was hit or something, but my question is - is there any way to restore my equipment? Normally I wouldn't be that upset about it, but I had accumulated a nice bit of gear, NVGs, silenced m9, and a M16A2 M203. I've been avoiding respawning or doing too much in case it overwrites my hive stats, but it'd be nice if anyone knew if there was anything I could do to fix this / get my stuff back. Should I just stop playing and wait for an update to see if that changes it? Should I email rocket or something?

also, if there's any way to reset me, here's my player ID: 21210118

Honestly I'd be fine if you spawned me with nothing but the NVGs, but seeing as you're under no obligation to me to do anything of the sort, if someone could at the very least tell me it's not going to happen I would be appreciative.

I have the same problem, my char has been alive for a while now and has accumulated some nice gear and yesterday after playing with my brother i suddenly ended up in the debug forest. Server hopped a lot to see if it would clear but it just switches between debug forest and the endless plain.

Monday should bring a patch that will fix the debug forest, but if it will fix people that are already there, we'll just have to see. Starting over is the name of the game, it sucks but can't do a lot about it.

(i raged a bit in the debug forest so i stole some guys morphine injector har har har)

I remember hearing something about this being that there was a player cap that was hit or something' date=' but my question is - is there any way to restore my equipment? Normally I wouldn't be that upset about it, but I had accumulated a nice bit of gear, NVGs, silenced m9, and a M16A2 M203. I've been avoiding respawning or doing too much in case it overwrites my hive stats, but it'd be nice if anyone knew if there was anything I could do to fix this / get my stuff back. Should I just stop playing and wait for an update to see if that changes it? Should I email rocket or something?

[hr']

also, if there's any way to reset me, here's my player ID: 21210118

Honestly I'd be fine if you spawned me with nothing but the NVGs, but seeing as you're under no obligation to me to do anything of the sort, if someone could at the very least tell me it's not going to happen I would be appreciative.

Just head directly south or SE. Worked for me (In the debug forest) East is the way the clouds move.

Same thing happened to me, playing for 1-2 hours looting deer stands then I log off to take a break, re-log to same server to find myself spawned in the wilderness -.- My gear wasn't gone though so I don't want to respawn to lose all the sht I got nor do I want to run east for 1-2 hours to fine the edge of the play area.