remesama

Im at my breaking point

I dunno how you guy get scared from this game :\ or the mod for that matter o.o

The night still scares me! (I don't mess with settings) but when its pitch black I'm so scared zombies or other players are going to sneak up on me.

I'm still new, so when I finally get some good gear I'm scared someone is going to snipe me or loot me.

I can hardly play this game alone, because I have this itching feeling that someone, or something, is 2 inches behind me, breathing down my neck.

(Didn't Metro 2033 call this tunnel syndrome, where you're constantly looking behind you even in safety?)  

Actually, I was hiding in a bush today, takin' out some armed guys at Elctro FS. I heard footsteps, and I thought to myself he can't be behind me, he's on the other side of the wall..

I turn around to check, and lo and behold, a dude with an M4 is pointing at the back of my head. 

We both killed each other, but god damn if that wasn't a terrifying sight to see.

I'm a mega wimp wouldn't have chosen DayZ if the survival aspect wasn't there cos I hate zombies. When I first encountered a zed i decided to tackle it and see what punching did, nothing to lose. Died.

Last time I got shit scarred I exited a building in one of the cities turned to the right to walk, i immediatly saw someone backed up to the wall with a mask and rifle, it didnt move straight away but i ran for it, looked back as i zig zagged away and saw 2 figures. I couldnt tell if it was a player and a zed or 2 zeds. But I was definitely shouting swear words.

It's players that move a lot and equip their weps near me I'm scared of.

This wasn't in Elektro, was it?  I freaked someone out a few days ago there at night, snuck up on them while they were looting a building, and just waited.  When they came out they saw me, ran around a corner, and combat logged.  I think whoever that was got themselves killed by a zed because combat logging doesn't work like it used to....  Best part is I didn't make any threatening moves, and I asked over chat "Hey, how's it goin?"

The first time i heard gunshots in this game i cowered in the top corner of a building facing the wall for about 10 minutes. I even heard someone moving around downstairs, for all i know they saw me and backed off. 

I've got about 30 hours of mod time maybe more and over 400 hours of SA. That feeling is why I continue to play. If that feeling ever goes away, I will probably stop playing for good. It's why I'm glad I'm in alpha, New things getting added all the time keeps it fresh for me.  And no matter how many times I die and lose all my gear, I always get attached to it, I always hate "You are dead.". 

Edited by Sinphaltimus

I think the most people who played that game know what you mean. I had that a long time ago in the dayz mod its really scary but you will get over it :).

I would kill for that feeling again. I loved it when I first started, when I was clueless, didn't know the map well, and didn't know where to find gear. Man, the times. Where did they go, :/