Ok so i bought arma to play this game after seeing the awesome youtube videos. after about 3 hours of playing now, i have yet to find a weapon or even see another person. I have never played arma but ive already got a feel for the new controls. i just cant seem to survive even 1 zombie while trying to locate a weapon. I will keep trying but i really think this needs to be fixed.

The game is difficult, especially for people just starting off, that does not in itself constitute a problem, it is a core part of the game, sorry, but you'll have to either overcome or move on because this game may not be for you.

The only thing I can think of to do is stealth around for hours without aggroing a zombie in hopes of finding a gun. and maybe after a hour of careful stealthing i do get aggro and i die. Did you guys do that too?

1 zombie? Go prone, Crawl. Find a way, sit for a while, be patient. Enjoy the terror. This is a SIM, not cod. Youre rushing and you might not even realize it. Relax, there are no levels. You can make this experience the worst game ever, or you can embrace it for what it is, and you will have one of the best.

Yep.

I'm a very experienced player, I've been playing this since the first week of its release, I know the map back the front, I know where every loot spot is, and how to get there, even at night.

I know pretty much exactly where to get a weapon, depending on luck etc. but...

Since 1.7.1 it has taken me anywhere up to 6 deaths and a minimum of 2 hours to get a decent start in the game and actually survive spawning.

This game is hell hard, in fact it is the hardest game I've ever played.

You need to accept the fact that just getting a starting weapon is extremely difficult and that doing so does NOT make this game easier. In fact it gets even harder again...

I wish I knew how the beggining game worked before I started it. It would have saved me some pain. The alcohol doesnt help with my patience at all lol.

the loot is sometimes dropped in strange places due to limitations of enterebale buildings.

its not just inside, sometimes in the little front door alcoves, on the grass under little wood rooves etc etc.

check out sites like dayz wiki, and look up dayz maps etc.

Agree, with others this game is f-ing brutal. Been playing for over a month and like others, know the map and where to go for loot. That being said there are no levels and you can die at any time even with good weapons, etc... like I did tonight after playing with a character for 20+ days. This game gets my heart racing like no other game, the difficulty is what makes it so awesome. Try and find a group, I'll help you if you like, just PM me and we can coordinate finding server to play on.

The best advice I can give you is learning how to navigate without a compass, use an online map, in a second monitor if possible or alt tab to use use it.

Once you figure out where you are avoid ALL coastal towns, and get the hell north. Try to get to some of the larger inland towns like Zelenogorsk or Pushtoshka, they both have supermarkets which are great for almost all types of strating out loot.

Look for the two story red brick houses, or the single story black wooden houses with 3 x windows but no shutters. Look for Deer stands and keep your eyes peeled for the pk'ers in every town.

With 1.7.1.5 serverhopping is pretty much the only viable way for a noob to gain access to a weapon and gear. Sure, you can go and RUN FORREST, RUN at town but what's the point of that. You will only end up bleeding yourself either dead or too low in health to be doing anything but logging into to a char that keeps passing out, while trying to crawl with broken bones to find the morphine that's simply not spawning anywhere.

While playing 1.7.1.1 earlier today, I realized that 1.7.1.5 ruined the game for me. The zombies used to be scary, you were always on the edge while trying to sneak past them to loot the places . . it was rare to be encountered by a zombie and if you were attacked, it was always horrible and resulting death was always your own fault. With 1.7.1.1 you were always one with the world, constantly observing any movement while making small choices that would affect everything. Now you are only choosing WHERE TO RUN. You're totally, completely disconnected off the world and the experience it used to provide you with. Spell has been broken, so . .

. . it's dead to me now. I don't feel anything but detached to it and there is nothing anyone can do to fix that.

Theres nothing anyone can do to fix that? lol.

It doesn't matter. Zeds arent scary anymore. I'm detached.

Zombies feel allot better compared to 1.4....I can crouch walk through zombies at airfield or most cities. I usually prone when I need to be very careful.

Crouch walk is the best movement in my opinion as you are quiet enough that most zombies will ignore you but if you do alert one, or another person/bandit, you can run quickly to cover.

i just leg it to a barn or straight into cherno/elektro and just loot everything i need i hate crawling around just to end up dying after an hour, better to just run around until you find a gun and then you are good to go.

so frustrating watching live streams or youtube and seeing people crawling for 20 min just go get into a house ><

and now when you can 'los' zeds its even more easy just run through a house with two exits and then a sharp turn and they are gone.

For those struggling to get a good start; just visit some of the large industrial buildings you find. Reason why:

1. They're very large buildings and zombies move slowly through buildings - gives you plenty of room to maneuver around them and back out the building or to other parts in the building to search for loot.

2. Industrial buildings will often drop a hatchet, and a hatchet is perfect for starting off your life. It's silent, infinite ammo, and you can (although it's sort of abusing the weapon) kill zombies without them ever getting near you. Use this for the most part until you can find another weapon you'd rather use.