Revy2k

Primary target: Residential - Still finding food scarce

Simply "very" bad luck or am I just doing it wrong? Anyone else encountering this or have some tips/ideas?

I've only been playing Day Z, and for that matter, Arma 2 for a little over a week, but I've got quite a few hours in, and have seen 5-6 different build versions in that short time span. My longest survival attempt to date is about 4 days. I get it that food is a bit scarce in the post-apocalyptic world and all, but it didn't appear to be as much of a problem locating something to eat in the earlier 1.7 versions as it has in .4 and .5

In fact, my last 4 deaths (all on .5) have not been from Bandit kills or swarms of wall glitching zombies, but from blood loss as a result of starvation. Hydration has not been an issue on the other hand, as I am finding a fair share of full/empty water bottles or soda. The few animals I am finding along the way have mostly been prior to acquiring all the prerequisites to cooking meat.

I really don't want to complain about the "hardships" of the post-apocalyptic world, but perhaps there's other ways to add sources of food to the game to broaden the choices (rather than the quantity) beyond beans and cooked meat. I see vegetable gardens outside some of the residential locations sometimes, and I ran through what appeared to be a very large apple orchard in my travels. Hell, even the option to eat uncooked meat with less return on blood replenishment would prevent a lot of this bleed out by starvation business. Not the safest thing to do, but then again neither is drinking unfiltered water from a pond/lake.

An abbreviated story;

One of yesterday's attempts found me spawning out on the pier of Electro. I try to avoid Electro/Cherno (and the coast in general as all newbs should) but when spawned inside of one of them, I hustle through the outskirts, and make the best of it. After hitting a total of about 35 loot spawns including 5 med value residentials from Elektro to Rog to Mogilevka, a single can of beans is found there. Hunger had already been blinking after all the miles and a few thousand points of blood loss had already ensued so the beans just stopped the bleeding. Now to find more to replenish the blood loss.

Finding a hunting knife in the tower of Zub completed all essentials for cooking meat, and there's fields all over the place around there, even actual "crop fields" so I start hunting for animals. Not a single animal to be found . Hunger meter is going to start blinking any min now- better head for town and look for can goods. Clear the entire town Vyshnoye, nothing. Pop Ivan deer stand, nothing and I'm now sub 1000 blood count so running anywhere else is out of the question. Shoot all 4 zombies from the deer stand, nope, no food. Got lucky and 4 new zombies spawn @ the stand - still nothing. Well that's it - 150 blood left as I find a comfy spot under a shady tree and bleed out.

Just shot 3 animals with my crossbow to get some blood, packed atleast 10 cans of beans and 30+ soda/water shit. :)

Apartment/supermarket is flooded with to much of it.

I guess you either look at houses with a low chance of dropping it, or you are unlucky.

Going trough the inlands without knowing where you might find food/water loot can be a killer in the end yeah.

We almost drowe over a couple of rabbits yesterday, they also had a huge spawn across the country.

EDIT:

So I did enjoy the old "low on food" when you found 1 can of meat and a soda if you were lucky, inside supermarkets, since then those empty cantinues.

Making waterpits inlands a helltrap.

Hunting animals became a sport instead of passing by every animal you see.

Seeing how long the zombos had been going on, Id say the food should be thin by now.

You should want to pack every bit you can get, not have to much all the time.

But Id bet thats not going to happend sadly. :(

I think they may have increased food in grocery stores and decreased elsewhere. I hit up the grocery stores in Berizino and found maybe 10-15(between both of them) cans of food inside. Maybe a can here and there in barns/residential.

I have not been able to find food either. After multiple, and I mean probably over 15 visits back and forth to the grocery stores at cherno and elektro I am still unable to find any food. The only reason I am still alive is because I found a pack on a body that had multiple cans of beans in it. Also checking pubs in both areas, as well as any other building has turned up nothing. I even went to a server that had maybe 3 people playing on it to make sure other people were not looting those spots before me and still nothing. Is there any known bug that might stop food from spawning. Like the OP I have no issue finding soda or water bottles.

what i did to overcome this:

-go to a good loot spawn ( grocerie store in cherno for example)

-take whatever you find

-switch server

-take whatever u find

-switch server

-take whatever u find

-switch server

-take whatever u find

..... by the time i was done i had an alice pack full of coke/food, a revolver with plenty ammo, winchester, binoculars,watch,knife, compass, map, and alot of shit.... i was ready ti head north where i managed to get a tent and now im all good.......

oh and i started playing yesterday ...

I always find an over abundance of food/soda in grocery stores. Usually more than I can carry

what i did to overcome this:

-go to a good loot spawn ( grocerie store in cherno for example)

-take whatever you find

-switch server

-take whatever u find

-switch server

-take whatever u find

-switch server

-take whatever u find

..... by the time i was done i had an alice pack full of coke/food' date=' a revolver with plenty ammo, winchester, binoculars,watch,knife, compass, map, and alot of shit.... i was ready ti head north where i managed to get a tent and now im all good.......

oh and i started playing yesterday ...

[/quote']

And you are proud of that? Serverhopping... I hope this will be fixed...

It can be bloody well frustrating when you spawn miles from your clan and have to cover a fair hike just to get back to thrm. Hunger will kill you sooner than any other threat on such a circumstance.

Bloody annoying!

Perhaps I've just been luck, but I have found that there is a reasonable chance of finding food on Zombies that I've killed. This is not an isolated incident, I encountered this regularly over the last few days?