Sign in to follow this  
mareak

Can an M24 put into consideration beside the Mosin?

The M24 will be drop by western forces whom were send to assist but failed. Thus we can make it scarce for both rifles..

The R700 series platform encompasses standard 700's, P's, M24's,  and M40's, I think your missing the sheer lack of numbers I'm trying to express over your desire to use this platform ingame. The numbers just aren't there...

Considering the M24 uses 7.62x51mm (or .308) it isn't going to be the rarest ammo around, granted nor will it be very common.

Also, 25 pistols is a lot more than you'd think, I can't even think of 25 pistols that would actually be common, nor 20 hunting rifles, or 15 improvised weapons (They don't need 8 variants of bows/crossbows, and improvised guns really don't seem practical save for something like a flare gun). Likewise, I can think of well more than 5 "assault" rifles which fit the scenario.

In all honesty I would just like a R700 though. Hell, it's almost exactly the same, "M-24" is just the basic military designation for the R700. You could even spray-paint it different colors like the Mosin and SKS to make it look military if you wanted, and give it scope attachments like the real thing.

Dude, it's a former Soviet bloc country. Illegal weapons trading, stockpilig etc. could easily explain away all manner of low end to super high tech military small arms from all over the globe.

Obviously I don't want everyone running around with recoil free high rate assault rifles with thermal scopes, but more guns of all variety are welcome.

I think they need to add a shitload of guns to this game, just mismatch calibers so that finding ammo is uncommon and finding guns are rare... and finding two that match is very hard.

I think this would set up interesting encounters of ammo trading (and hoping not to be double crossed)

• Like 1

I don't like military weapons, so i post the GIF:

130053.gif

but i see, it could fit in.

If implemented, make M4s and M24s really rare, and i'm good with it.

The M24 will be drop by western forces whom were send to assist but failed. Thus we can make it scarce for both rifles..

Who would use an M24 to kill zombies?

How bout a Ruger American Rifle? Their 375ish and I can hit a golfball at 200 and a milkjug at 700 yards with it and a Nikon scope.

It's a platform that would arrive with the US Army as it's still a standard issues sniper platform along side the Barret M82 for the sniper Anti-material rifle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M24_Sniper_Weapon_System

Notably we'd see the M24A1 because the A2 and A3 varieties have reasonably rare ammo.

As much as people are calling these uncommon, they're really not within the US Army and US Airforce for their actual company level use in ground troops. As it goes for overall Divisional Level deployment, you'll see far more DMR platforms like the M14EBR or the M110 for their rapid fire capability and the ease of using them at moderately closer ranges.

Though I think we're more likely to see the civilian version, that being the R700.

The biggest different between those is mounts and the long bolt pull applied to the M24 as a whole. though I don't think we need every weapon to have picatinny rails.

I wouldn't mind seeing th M24, however ACE mechanics need to be put in place first. This will make using a scoped rifle more emersive while detering the Call of Duty babies from playing spec ops sniper at spawn points as they tend to be incapable of handling ACE style gameplay.

Edited by Dale Gribble

Thank you for the feedback guys. Most probably we wont see it in the game at all but a healthy discussion wouldn't hurt. Who knows by any luck this rifle and others will be introduce in the game coming update/patch :)

• Like 1