Sign in to follow this  
irl-calibre

not a single night server..

sitting here in the dark, with hurricane winds shaking the house & howling, creepy as hell and I can't play in the dark cause every server is the middle of the afternoon. ah 'mon like..

sitting here in the dark, with hurricane winds shaking the house & howling, creepy as hell and I can't play in the dark cause every server is the middle of the afternoon. ah 'mon like..

lol first thread complaining about no night servers.

lol first thread complaining about no night servers.

Yup. I would play a night time server when the devs make it at least bearable to play in one.

Edited by AntonioAJC

you're missing the thrill of your lives!! it's all about the batteries..

• Like 2

Ya it's fun running around with your clouds off while everyone else has flashlights out so you can see them from a mile away and stalk them :)

Some kind of compromise must be made, 12 hours or so of night is unbearable, 24 hour day is also unbearably boring, and makes a lot of gear useless.

also it takes away the opportunity for night raids and general scary operations.

this suggestion on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1wugs3/a_compromise_for_those_who_want_to_play_247_day/

is the best solution I've seen. I would be so pleased if the devs at least tested this. 

Edited by Capo
  • Like 1

you're missing the thrill of your lives!! it's all about the batteries..

Zombie hit ruined my headtorch in the middle of town earlier, you don't know fear till it all goes unexpectedly pitch black. And all you can hear is the footsteps and screams of the approaching zeds, while franticly trying to get your bearings :)

• Like 1

I ran into a server that was day time for 4.5 hours and night time for 1.5 hours.  It was great.

Ya, because this game has been infested with pussies. Pussies that can't handle loss. Pussies that can't handle risk. Pussies that can't handle the unknown. Pussies everywhere. I wish my apartment was like this game, full of pussy.

• Like 2

Some kind of compromise must be made, 12 hours or so of night is unbearable, 24 hour day is also unbearably boring, and makes a lot of gear useless.

also it takes away the opportunity for night raids and general scary operations.

this suggestion on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1wugs3/a_compromise_for_those_who_want_to_play_247_day/

is the best solution I've seen. I would be so pleased if the devs at least tested this. 

This really is a very good solution.........someone should make sure they see this

http://i.imgur.com/bIMbJsb.jpg <-----link straight to the point

Edited by Chucknorris405

This really is a very good solution.........someone should make sure they see this

http://i.imgur.com/bIMbJsb.jpg <-----link straight to the point

"I agree with everything, except I am a little bit more inclined to say Hardcore should be realtime day/night cycles.

Will be following this thread with interest.

We are actively investigating how we can make an accelerated day/night cycle server option for regular servers as we speak."

rockets reply from that thread, hopefully it'll make an appearance in some form. 

I ran into a server that was day time for 4.5 hours and night time for 1.5 hours.  It was great.

This is something I would like to see more of.

I enjoy moonlit night servers, but they are harder and harder to find.

Without a moon... I tried to play in one recently, without a flashlight. It was ok at first, because the street lamps in the town worked. But then I went into Piano House, far from the street lamps. I couldn't find the door again. After 5 minutes of bumping around in the dark of that house, I gave up and switched to a day server.

Still, the nighttime atmosphere is special, and those who have never tried it don't know what they are missing.