Sign in to follow this  
Bacon Surfboard

It really pangs the soul sometimes.

Fairly new player to DayZ - been on since 1.7.7.1...

I've killed probably 8 people by now and died my fair share too and it's been all good but this one has left me pushed back from the desk with hands trembling with adrenaline.

I'm in the woodlands heading North along a fairly winding path hitting up deer stands along the way. I did get a cheeky slap in the mouth from a Zomble earlier and need painkillers, I've a Makarov and 5 mags for it and bandages etc so I'm doing ok - except i'm nearly starving.

I notice a survivor trying to vault over a structure in the middle of the woods a few times and not managing it - he does after the third go and climbs over.

I crouch run to where he is and look for him, he's not there.

The area was pretty much walled off so I thought he had logged, I check about again and suddenly there he is, that was either the world's fastest reload or a glitch but he's there and pointing a gun at me and looking like he's trying to pick a shot.

I snatch up the Makarov and aim best I can for centre mass and pop about 3-4 rounds out of 7 into his shoulder, chest and legs.

Guy spins on his heels and sprints down the hill through the vegetation, the chase is on, he's legging it and weaving and I can see the blood pumping out of the wounds.

I stop and take a few more shots and hit nothing.

Guy isn't returning fire but I started this right? I need to finish it - besides he isn't going to exactly stop if I say hang on I have a bandage.

I've lost a lot of ground at this point and we continue the chase weaving through the trees, until I think I have a shot - pause and unload a whole clip in his direction, enough stuck and the guy wails and goes to his belly.

He turns around to face me approaching and tries wriggling under a tree and round to hide/get away from me.

Walking the last 15m at this stage and putting the final bullet in his brain was really intense. I take a breath and check his gear.

He was holding a flashlight.

My heart sank for him as I took his painkillers and 3 tins of food.

By far the most sloppy kill I have made but I really felt like I had just killed someone/snuffed out their light this time.

Whoever you were, I thought you had a gun, I don't know why but I felt compelled to chase you down and kill you, I feel bad about it but then I got meds and food from you - I survived.

This "Game" as a social experiment is really spot on.

I've never experienced anything like that.. Well there was the time where I had the flashlight and jack shit.. Then again I was stalking the fella, and would kill him a hundred times if I had the chance (he did end up shooting me in the face after I tried to make a small dance for him).

You should relish the fact, that you killed someone with nothing, instead of killing a guy with tons of gear. That would be really sad.

I love the PVP. I try to say I'm not a bandit, I usually only kill for self defense (really, when you are staring at a fella and he is staring at you, it's really only a matter of time before one of you falls. You might aswell make sure it will be him), but when I see someone I think I have a decent shot on, I just go at it. Even if I just see a fella for a second, I will hunt him down and kill him. I don't know.. I just find murdering other players.. Fun? The rush I get from battling someone else is immense, I mean.. The chances of death are so much larger than when battling a Z.

As I am writing this I have just picked off 3 people with my Enfield in less than 10 minutes. All of it happened in the Chernogorsk Apartments, all of them took 1-2 shots. After I had killed them I decided my luck had run out, and that I should probably leave before someone would gun me down.

Yeah that's smart. On my second life I ended up with a M4 and my Wingman with a NV scoped FAL.

We didn't really realise that we were onto a good thing and just spent it all killing people in Electro, until I got sniped in the legs and my wingman died in a trail of glory.

All that was fun and stuff and had no issues with that, it was hilarious even.

Ahhhh but this time it was just me and him and he died like a wretched dog. Oh well I'm over it now - eating beans and drinking coke reading my map with his flashlight. Life's good.