Sign in to follow this  
Ethyn

Is anyone still Freezing every 5 seconds?

After todays maintenance and patch 115188 I still freeze every 5 seconds of gameplay, unfreeze, freeze again. Assuming there's still a memory leak issue, because I see my CPU spike like hella crazy under performance. FPS is fine getting range of 50-60 frames on everything mostly on ultra. I want to believe it's an issue with quad core CPU's

Specs:

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 2GB OC'd

CPU: Intel Core i7 @2.67GHz

RAM: 12GB DDR3

Video on the issue (Mind my friend going ham while playing with me and my mic didn't pick up in this video):

Edited by Ethyn

I'll get a quick stutter while running at times, but nothing like we experienced this past weekend.  The stutter was there prior to the patch last week and seems to be server dependent.

Specs:

GPU: 5970HD 4GB

CPU: I5-3570 @ 4.4Ghz

RAM: 16 GB

I get the stuttering once in a while and never experienced the freezing that others did.  Specs in my sig.

Side note.  I run everything on very high except shadows and clouds, those are on normal.  AA = normal.  Alpha to Coverage = All trees + Grass.  Edge Smoothing = SMAA Normal.  HDR Quality = Low.  Ambient Occlusion = Enabled.  Post Processing = Normal.  40-50fps and drops a little in the cities.

Edited by Caboose187

Yeah, still getting the same 5 second freezing, someone gave me some good information though. Guess certain servers are still plagued with the issue causing my kind of problem. I just want to play. Experimental seems to work fine (sometimes) but you don't get to keep anything on experimental at least a separate hive would of been nice.

Friendly bump, a video of me freezing to hopefully get my point across on the issue. My voice somehow didnt get added to the video (via shadowplay) but you can hear my friend in the background going ham on skype for entertainment lol

Edited by Ethyn

I have been running silky smooth since the patch.  Maybe your internet is acting up.

I have been running silky smooth since the patch.  Maybe your internet is acting up.

Idk man it's just really irritating. My internet says 34 down and 4 up. Don't think it's my net, im jsut gonna try reinstalling DayZ and a PC restart. and if that doesn't do anything then reinstalling my drivers and still nothing, then it's definitely a game issue.

Edited by Ethyn

I'm with you. Though it's better than the past few days, I still notice a considerable drop. I'll be cruising at 30fps then it'll drop to below 5.

I only tried one server though. I wasn't aware that some servers were still experiencing issues. I'll give that a shot and see if it's any better.

seriously doubt it's internet, i have his same problem yet i can play literally any other game silky smooth on both my pc and xbox one.  it's definitely a problem with this game.

seriously doubt it's internet, i have his same problem yet i can play literally any other game silky smooth on both my pc and xbox one.  it's definitely a problem with this game.

It's ever since they implemented this optimization patch it's been having this CPU memory leak issue. I find it funny they (the devs) think it's GPU related when in fact feels like a CPU problem to me. Going under performance tab in Task Manager you can see it spike way up.

Edited by Ethyn

Oh, well... my condolences to those who are still struggling.

Obligatory it's alpha comment.

every single time im in a city.

I think you are on to something here Sherlock

sl4d4n.png

Edited by naraga

every single time im in a city.

I think you are on to something here Sherlock

sl4d4n.png

But dat Nasa Net doh.

Thought I'd bump this, as this issue still persists.