Sign in to follow this  
BareMetalGaming

Becoming a hosting provider for SA

I understand if this may not be the right forum to ask about this or if we need to talk privately with someone.

We are a server hosting company that's currently looking to expand into becoming a game server provider. Most of our experience is simply providing bare metal dedicated cloud servers to customers and letting them do the installation if they want to use it for games. Currently we have access to two data centers; one in Miami, FL and one in Santa Clara, CA. We have had great feedback from our Latin American customers about latency when they hosted their own game servers in our Miami data center.

If we're looking to become a host for DayZ Standalone servers are there any special channels we need to go through? Do we just need to install a server application on the machine and are we good to go for the customer?

As for you, the customer, what would you like to see from a GSP that other similar companies don't offer? What would sell you on getting a server with us as opposed to another company?

We'd appreciate any input and advice you could give us. Thanks!

• Like 1

I assume if you are a hosting company you would know deals aren't being made on forums but you would get in contact with someone on the team or get someone to point you to the right person.

About your question what would I like in the perfect host 

- 99% server uptime

- no server crashes

- being able to get tickets answered in 1 day max

- servers should be up and running in a few minutes 

- decent prices

- if there any problems with servers or data centers give us (customers) information about it don't let us in the dark

Just some basic stuff

You need to be able to provide 300 server instances (Max of 5 instances on a Xeon 1270v2 /w 8GB of RAM means you need 60 dedicated servers) out of your own pocket for 60 days. You are also supposed to provide 1 public free instance for every 3 you rent out.

Edited by Tansien

I assume if you are a hosting company you would know deals aren't being made on forums but you would get in contact with someone on the team or get someone to point you to the right person.

About your question what would I like in the perfect host 

- 99% server uptime

- no server crashes

- being able to get tickets answered in 1 day max

- servers should be up and running in a few minutes 

- decent prices

- if there any problems with servers or data centers give us (customers) information about it don't let us in the dark

Just some basic stuff

We are way more than capable of handling these basic needs. Server crashes happen though and it's usually more often than not the fault of the software. Any non-software related crashes are practically non-existent for us and our uptime is around 99.999999%. We have access to one of the best data centers in the country.

You need to be able to provide 300 server instances (Max of 5 instances on a Xeon 1270v2 /w 8GB of RAM means you need 60 dedicated servers) out of your own pocket for 60 days. You are also supposed to provide 1 public free instance for every 3 you rent out.

Someone had mentioned this to us in a PM earlier. We are capable of handling that but we may just end up hosting the mod version to start with. We want to see how hosting game servers pans out for us before we make an investment like that. Again though it is most definitely within our capabilities.