Sign in to follow this  
res

I hope vehicles will be rare - A video I made so you can compare

Vehicles should be as rare as they are in real life.

Hmm they should be everywhere.

They should also not all be functioning most would need some type of repair.

Fuck man why can't they add in special car mods too? I want an suv with a steel push plate on the front with tire spikes and a 50 cal mounted gun on the back, flamethrowers on all 4 sides, rocket launchers in the headlights, and shark launchers from all windows. 

Well maybe not that far but just a little bit.

On another note, vehicles were not that bad in the mod. They got damaged pretty easy and wouldn't respawn until server restarts. One thing they could do different is, that in the mod even though you had gas, it seemed like you would rarely ever run out. Just make fuel more rare and burn faster, so if you want to go on long trips, you would have to stock up and/or find some along the way. 

Fuck man why can't they add in special car mods too? I want an suv with a steel push plate on the front with tire spikes and a 50 cal mounted gun on the back, flamethrowers on all 4 sides, rocket launchers in the headlights, and shark launchers from all windows. 

Well maybe not that far but just a little bit.

On another note, vehicles were not that bad in the mod. They got damaged pretty easy and wouldn't respawn until server restarts. One thing they could do different is, that in the mod even though you had gas, it seemed like you would rarely ever run out. Just make fuel more rare and burn faster, so if you want to go on long trips, you would have to stock up and/or find some along the way. 

Good ideas sir! About spawning - if I understood it right, Dean 'Rocket' Hall wants to make some sort of dynamical spawning of everything, not just scripted. So I guess items (vehicles too) would respawn in conditions of some certain rules.

Edited by Gorgeous Richie

Of the content I post here, I can't confirm anything 100% because I'm no developer

BUT, the vehicles I post here are in the editor list when creating a new mission AND dissapear when I disable the DayZ files in Arma 3.

I do that so I can confirm 75% the stuff I post here. When that^ happens, it basicly means that those vehicles and objects belong to the DayZ game files, not to some other addon I installed, so I can confirm 75-85% of this stuff. The rusted vehicles, and the green variant I posted around here I can confirm. The UAZ too.

what would be the point of fighting over gas.... you are already in walking distance of military bases even from a fresh spawn, within a hour you can go from fresh spawn to having a jacket, vest, backpack and a weapon by running to nearest airfield, fighting over gas would be dumb and pointless because there is no need of a car to get anywhere.

If you're needing material for a base and it's across the map well then a vehicle is the perfect solution. You'll want to keep it running so you'll fight for fuel.

Not the best video example to compare as that car is extremely fast, a Huey would go that speed, but that car outruns a Little Bord and there are no road blocks or any danger, so that shouldn't be a concern for making the world feel smaller, having a vehicle can also be beneficial, but for how long and at what risk, that's the price you pay.

Edited by Sinkatze

Why do people think cars would mysteriously become rare in an apocalyptic setting?

There are more cars than people on this planet.

Why do people think cars would mysteriously become rare in an apocalyptic setting?

There are more cars than people on this planet.

Yeah, I personally don't think they should be rare at all, but they should be hard to fix, since vehicles repairs will be very detailed. Just finding a car will not be something exciting as fixing it is the big deal, not finding it.

Its more likely you would find a more working car hidden in the woods by another player that has already fixed one, than trying to fixed a broken one in a spawn point in a town or something.

Vehicles were the best part of the mod. The first time me and a mate fixed a chopper (after maybe 4/5 hours of part finding and fueling) will always be one of my most memorable DayZ moments....all 15 seconds of it until I crashed us into the ground and blew us the f*** up.