Sign in to follow this  
bannworthrulz

Literally Unplayable

Every time I join a server it runs fine for about a minute and then the game starts to lag and then completely crash. I can see my character, hear birds chirping, but can not move, hit ESC, ALT F4 nothing, I can only Ctrl Alt Del out of game. Anyone else getting this.

The last emergency patch has a known issue which results in a GPU memory leak. Textures flickering, degrading performance, freezes. If you take a look at the dev track, solving this issue is their first priority. Still, I have experienced a great improvement following the performance tweak guides posted everywhere. I still have to decide if disabling the steam community in game has yielded another boost or not, haven't made comparisons yet.

I had read a few places that dropping all of your gear you owned previous to the latest patch solves this issue.  I was very reluctant dropping all the gear I spent several days amassing, eventually I gave in.  Have not seen any video lag or leak since.  

Please be patient and use the Search on the forums. You are not the only one who is having the problem. Like the previous post said its down to the GPU leak etc. However you can patch up the hotfix now from the experimental side. So if you want to play now with "no problems" do these steps.

1) Go into Stream, Right click on DayZ from your games list etc, Click on Properties.

2) Then, click on the Beta tab.

3) Then under the "Select the beta you would like to opt into:" click on the pull down menu,  then click on " experimental - Preview testing version"

4) Let it patch, then play DayZ

Just a little note, you can still connect to stable servers with this hotfix on, tomorrow the hotfix will be coming out live to address this. So once the patch has official come out make sure you do the same steps but change it back to "None: Opt out" as on Step 3.

Memory leak to do with a gear item, last I heard it was likely the M4.

Edited by Hells High

Its not just the M4s. Protector cases, ammo cans, cans of beans and soda...those are just a few of the things I have replaced or dropped that help. However it has nothing to do with pre-patch gear in my experience- I have died and rekitted several times, and still have the issue.

Tomorrow...

• Like 1

That's interesting Meat, I have died once since dropping all gear and getting fresh gear back, and kitted back up.  Yet still no lag issues, but I have been seeing these weird hitches from time to time, certainly no video lag to a grinding halt like before.  For those with the persistent issue, I guess tomorrow is the day

Memory leak to do with a gear item, last I heard it was likely the M4.

Its not just the M4s. Protector cases, ammo cans, cans of beans and soda...those are just a few of the things I have replaced or dropped that help. However it has nothing to do with pre-patch gear in my experience- I have died and rekitted several times, and still have the issue.

Tomorrow...

It has nothing to do with all the "Items" as per say, its down to the GPU memory leak, which renders these items to display on the screen. Dean confirmed it via twitter, link here:

and here :

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1xibwg/number_1_priority_for_the_dayz_today_10feb14/cfbrt8h

more info here:

• Like 2

Any textures in your inventory that are FLICKERING or are not PROCESSING you must drop them. Always works for me, just make sure after you drop said items you restart DayZ

It has nothing to do with all the "Items" as per say, its down to the GPU memory leak, which renders these items to display on the screen. Dean confirmed it via twitter, link here:

and here :

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1xibwg/number_1_priority_for_the_dayz_today_10feb14/cfbrt8h

more info here:

Thanks good to know. I don't twitter 

I appreciate all the replies. I guess I will have to wait until the patch. Then its back to Zombie killing.