Sign in to follow this  
jffr363

dayz db clothing armor values?

So daydb has posted a new SA item database that includes values such as Armor(Bleed), Armor(shock), and Armor(ballistic). At a glance the values look to make sense, but I have no idea where they are getting their numbers. Are their numbers pulled from the files? Can anyone (hopefully a dev) shed any light on these values?

Here is a link to the database in question: http://dayzdb.com/items

Search for common clothing such as tact shirts, TTSKO Jacket and the vests, they have interesting values for armor.

Just looking for some insight and to see what you guys think.

So daydb has posted a new SA item database that includes values such as Armor(Bleed), Armor(shock), and Armor(ballistic). At a glance the values look to make sense, but I have no idea where they are getting their numbers. Are their numbers pulled from the files? Can anyone (hopefully a dev) shed any light on these values?

Here is a link to the database in question: http://dayzdb.com/items

Search for common clothing such as tact shirts, TTSKO Jacket and the vests, they have interesting values for armor.

Just looking for some insight and to see what you guys think.

Probably from the files... However, I their info on weapons more awkward.

Apparently the Mosin has 0.0025 base dispersion. Adding a compensator should lower this value by 0.0500, which should enter negative values.

Negative dispersion value? Wtf?

I really hope the engine equates negative dispersion to 0 when it reads it. If it (God forbid) reads the value as absolute then the compensator actually "worsens" the weapon.

Edited by retro19

And their damage values for most weapons seem way off. Mosin does 200 damage to health? That doesn't make much sense. Im beginning to wonder if most of their info isn't just made up.