Henyo10

How to tweak graphics to see at night?

Is there someone way to make it easier on the eyes?

something to do with gamma no clue what though i turned mine up didn't make night any easier and just made day to bright

No. Use your flashlight! If there is any light, you can turn brightness and gamma up. This doesn't work when there is no ambient light whatsoever.

one of the latest arma 2 beta patches made it possible for servers to disable gamma changes in the mission file, so that trick doesnt work anymore. the plus side of this is that the playing field is now leveled.

there's a small portion of players that like playing at night. the rest just find daylight servers when their favorite server gets dark.

Apparently it used to be max brightness/gamma/HDR but it doesn't work anymore.

Actually, it still does, as long as there's some sort of light from the moon. Right now, it's at a new moon cycle. You won't see much until 2-3am. Light sources, or blind navigation (best used with a GPS), is your only bet right now.

Pro tip: Blue Chemlights seem to be the best for getting as much light as possible, while still having a "concealed" light source. The red chemlights are pretty bright, but don't seem to have the same radius as blue. Green isn't bad either, but messes with my eyes, and still doesn't seem to have the same radius as blue. Worst case scenario, use flares, they emit a great amount of light, but others might see it.

You're only few clicks away from a server that still has daylight. Why bother?

Its okay if you dont see at night for people who want this but now its 10:24AM in germany here and EVERY server have nighttime and i think its impossible to play at night because u rly see nothing if u try to fight against a zombie.

Its okay if you dont see at night for people who want this but now its 10:24AM in germany here and EVERY server have nighttime and i think its impossible to play at night because u rly see nothing if u try to fight against a zombie.

Change your server filter to allow higher pings... you will then see hundreds of daylight servers in other countries like the US.

Look at your toolbelt. Flashlight.

No need to avoid night servers anymore!

Push yourself to play at night too. Daylight won't give you the creeps.

Night does.

Welcome to the arma 2 engine

welcome to the real world.

go outside at night and walk into a wood, i bet you dont see anything.

in cities you can see well in arma, even without gamma cheating.

this isnt a run and gun game at all, so get used to the flashlight and dont run around and aggro alll the zeds.

this isnt a run and gun game at all

You are correct, now it's only RUN FORREST, RUN game.

There's a reason I call this game Forest Simulator 2012 Deluxe Edition... :P