Sign in to follow this  
Dozenbeer

Things that bugg me out!

Hey there,

I bought Arma CO just for this mod, after the german game show GAMEONE made a thrilling and cool first look of it. This is the zombie game of my dreams!

But too soon I had to realize, that its far away from my dream game :(

Here are the things that bugg me out (the most).

This is also a suggestion to improve these things:

- its cool that for a more realistic feel you dont start right ahead with weapon....BUT, its totally unrealistic not to defend at all, like punch or kick. Hell I even would pick up a normal stick in the forest or anything remotley. Way too often you get your ass handed just because you are absolutley defenceless!!!

- most likely a zombie is going to follow you....and they do it forever! Thus having no weapon or any defend will result in death....and this pairs good with my third reason

- zombies can slide or go through doors! They do it all the time, I could escape to a little room with lockable doors, but they just go through without opening them..... :(

- way too many useless towns. 90% of the towns I go in are completley useless, no doors that can be opened

- just slowly walking into water can result in a broken leg....pls fix this

- zombies also appear to have x ray vision

- picking up weapons is too slow. a zombie followed me and I managed to run past a hatchet, but couldt pick it right up and use it! thus also ending up dead -_-

These are my thought and complains. Dont get me wrong, I love this idea and know its in an alpha state. I just dont wanna regret buying the Amra package for nothing. Thanks for the hard work and keep on going ;)

First of all, it's a mod.. and a mod that is in it's Alpha TESTING stage. You knew this before you bought Arma. Devs have every right to experiment and test how things work and do with the mod as they wish.

Replying in order of complaints:

1 - It's a survival game, not a run-and-gun. The weapons are to make the game easier and to give players a reward for going into potentially-populated areas where they could get shot or eaten. He introduced the "hide" mechanic so that if you DO aggro zeds, you can lose them simply by running through a house with multiple entrances fairly easily.

2 - Answered above.

3 - Bugs are rampant, this is a known issue, and is being worked on. As far as I know, the coding for zeds was done completely from scratch, as I have no reason to believe there was any "zombie" files at all in Arma II, which explains fully why they can glitch through walls and do stupid things.

4 - It's a mod, I don't have information on it, but I'm skeptical that it's even possible for them to modify the interior of buildings. Generally, buildings with no interior are just a shell that you cannot pass through, and if you do, you end up falling through the world. This would mean that they have to redesign each and every one of these buildings with high chances of bugs for the same reason as answer 3.

5 - Bug, again.. in Alpha. Never seen this before, submit to bug forum or do a search there.

6 - Not that slow, but I hear you... This sounds like it has everything to do with how the current inventory system works, which I've heard Rocket say that he isn't happy with. I'm sure this will be changed.

Things will be changed and modified.. all you can really do is play more and get more experience with the different aspects of the game. It gets easier with more time invested.

-Peace

You didnt read my last sentence did you? I said I know its alpha and this is my experience and although I had such a negative exp with it I totally support this project. Just a list of suggestions. If this was already known, its fine. I will be on the servers and play around a little and hope in vain they fix this and that.