Sign in to follow this  
will357

Connecting Failed Constantly?

I've been trying to play on Dayz mod for a while now, and after a long time of other mods getting in the way I decided to completely reinstall the game and destroy all of my files.

Installing the Dayz mod now, it doesn't have any of the other 'missing files' errors, but every dayz server I try to connect to tells me that the connection failed. Actually, trying to connect to any server at all won't work, I'm trying to see if it's my computer or something in the dayz mod.

Is there a way to fix this?

I don't know. But I have been recieving 3 different errors all the time.

Most common:

You cannot play/edit this mission. Missing files, dayz_code, etc

Missing CBA files.

And just automatic kicks.

I just bought Arma 2 because of this mod and its to shitty to work.

I demand a fix for this shit.

I, too, am having this issue, and I suspect it is because of some configuration problem.

I'm running ARMA II from Steam, and OA from a non-Steam install, and have tried using both of the following launchers to combine the games into CO:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6649

They launch fine, and the mod appears to be working, but all servers that are running the mod have the red X next to them, as when versions of the game are incompatible with the server. Additionally, it says in the "Version required" box that it needs 1.60, which is red, as if I am incompatible - but the version that it says I am running is 1.60, so it isn't the base client issue.

Anyhows, anyone have any idea what's going on here? What did we do or set up wrong?

Followed those instructions. I keep getting Connection Failed when I try joining a server (any server)

Not sure about the 'Connection Failed' issue. Rocket said something about a new patch being released today. Also from twitter:

4144 concurrent players... you guys are really trying to break the server aren't you? - Rocket

I suggest you wait and try again after some time. Servers are slowly melting because everyone wants to join at the same time.