Sign in to follow this  
b17gunner98th

Shoot out of vehicles.

I remember that in Operation Flashpoint: Cold war crisis, that when ACE mod came out for it they had the feature to actually shoot from vehicles. I think it would be a great thing to be implemented into the game itself. It would at least lead to some kind of defense when driving with a bunch of survivors. I never understood why they decided not to put it into ARMA itself when the devs all broke away from OFP. I feel it would definitely add to more of a game play to vehicles besides just a form of transport. As of right now in both ARMA and the DayZ mod everyone is forced to stop the vehicle and get out to fire. While this will still be viable option, the players may want to try and make a run for it while laying down some form of fire. 

I know vehicles won't be added into SA for a little while but hopefully it'll be a feature they planned on doing. Thoughts?

• Like 4

I think that would be a great idea for vehicles, as when you sat in the back of one in the mod, your entire life was in the hands of the driver, and whether he would stop and get out or try and make a run. 

Also with the SA, the fact that most players would have a sort of civilian weapon would make it so the vehicle doesn't turn into one giant turret of automatic fire, and more so the focus of light suppression in order for an escape to take place, with the very small chance of an actual hit or kill.

It would have nearly no effect on a group of people pulling off a good ambush, but it might make a lone player or small group think twice about trying a shoddy ambush attempt. Just my opinion though  :D

Definitely a lot better to defend yourself when you're in a car chase with the ability to shoot out of cars.

I couldn't agree more.

• Like 1

ya would be good, epoch turned into a game of quickdraw exiting the car because the first group to stop the car and get out were able to shoot the other crew like sitting ducks. 

Although sometimes one would go for the ram, i remember my group and another got completely massacred - our machine gunned pickup vs an SUV, the SUV went for a head on collision and destroyed both cars, and flung all 4 squaddies out. While out pops another 4 guys from the SUV and because we're all mixed in together we all end up shooting each other. 

1 guy on the other team survived. 

two full carloads of fully geared players with cars completely wiped inside 3 minutes, all because we couldn't just shoot from the car. All at night :D

Edited by Capo

ya would be good, epoch turned into a game of quickdraw exiting the car because the first group to stop the car and get out were able to shoot the other crew like sitting ducks. 

Although sometimes one would go for the ram, i remember my group and another got completely massacred - our machine gunned pickup vs an SUV, the SUV went for a head on collision and destroyed both cars, and flung all 4 squaddies out. While out pops another 4 guys from the SUV and because we're all mixed in together we all end up shooting each other. 

1 guy on the other team survived. 

two full carloads of fully geared players with cars completely wiped inside 3 minutes, all because we couldn't just shoot from the car. All at night :D

Lol that's pretty hilarious actually. It'll definitely cut down on a "whoever gets out first wins" sorta deal. I think it will also make cars in game play a little more important. As of right now all they are is just transport and nothing more. While your character is sitting there looking out the window like an idiot with shots coming at you.

GTA 5 much, lol. I think it would be cool if your guy stuck out the window and shot at people.