Sign in to follow this  
fuckasshole

where did the private hives go?

I played on one after the 3rd(?) patch I think and now they're all gone. My friend and I just got killed by a ghosting group of 3 pussies after we killed one when they ambushed us. I'm sick of this shit, these people are so pathetic.

lol, I don't get what the fun is in playing the game if all you have to worry about is zombies and glitching through the floor.

In any case, I didn't think there were any private hives yet.

Edited by Geckofrog7

Private hives are essential to dayz they should be priority #1.

Private hives fix nearly every single one of the problems associated with dayz.

- Combat logging

- Server hopping

-Ghosting

All fixed with one private hive that only saves the location for the players who join it.

• Like 3

Private hives? News to me.

I played on one after a patch and it said Private in the category and I made a separate character on it.

private hives are the cancer of this game. they have only one positive effect - the feature tends to attract the powertripping primadonnas of immature admins, which in turn improves the overall quality of the public servers

- Combat logging

- Server hopping

-Ghosting

All fixed with one private hive that only saves the location for the players who join it.

Sure they do entirely solve those issues. But then bring a whole load of new ones, such as shitty admins, and stupid mods which make the game more casual. If the devs set up their own private hives that would be amazing, but while private hive administration is in the hands of players it nearly always comes down to 1000 vehicles and donor loadouts. Because private hives need those things to survive.  

so no, private hives the way the mod had them was complete shit. People don't donate without incentives, and so admins have to offer them. This is the reply I received when I asked for a more vanilla private hive on the news that the server I was playing on was getting replaced:

"Well you got to think about it, this is a private hive for a reason, which is because of the extra building, clan bases, kits, and all that other good stuff that vanilla servers don't provide, there is or was nothing vanilla about #1 at all, even when #1 was popular. If you really want a vanilla Epoch server or in your case Vanilla DayZ, go play the public hive DayZ server, 100% Vanilla."

This statement was made at a time when you were lucky if there was one aussie public hive server up with 20 people in it. So while I understand exactly why a lot of private hives are the way they are, it's still fucking shit. 

Edited by Capo
  • Like 2

Sure they do entirely solve those issues. But then bring a whole load of new ones, such as shitty admins, and stupid mods which make the game more casual.

You just named problems you can easily solve by not playing on those servers.

Vanilla public hive servers will always be around. Mods for dayz mod were the best thing it had going for it, while the vanilla mod stagnated mods took over and offered new islands, different playstyles and really evolved into its own thing.

The community did such a good job with the mods that Stand alone a game with a studio behind it is still playing catch up to most of the mods for dayz.

• Like 1

You just named problems you can easily solve by not playing on those servers.

Vanilla public hive servers will always be around. Mods for dayz mod were the best thing it had going for it, while the vanilla mod stagnated mods took over and offered new islands, different playstyles and really evolved into its own thing.

The community did such a good job with the mods that Stand alone a game with a studio behind it is still playing catch up to most of the mods for dayz.

You named a solution that does not exist. Every private hive server I've ever seen is some variation of extra vehicles and starter kits, because as I said before, that's how they keep the donations coming in. 

So fuck off with that, I know it seems like an easily fixed problem, but it's not actually gonna happen, because survival private hives don't exist, while the casual ones sponge up all the players, which starves the public servers, and noone wants to play on an empty server. 

Mods for the dayz mod were pretty good, but they had their own issues, if by mods you mean Epoch or Breaking point, but if you mean auto refuel, extra buildings, self bloodbag to full health, etc then you're entirely wrong. Those mods were there to circumvent aspects of the vanilla mod that got in the way of people getting full milgear in the first half hour, and only added to the deathmatch mentality we're currently trying to overcome at the moment. 

Do you want private hives to solve hopping, combat logging and ghosting? or do you want them for the 1000 vehicles and start kits? It's ok if you do, but then you should say so, rather than claiming they fix all the problems, yet ignoring all the problems they introduce. 

What if the public hives solved hopping, logging and ghosting? would you still want private hives? 

• Like 1

You named a solution that does not exist. Every private hive server I've ever seen is some variation of extra vehicles and starter kits, because as I said before, that's how they keep the donations coming in. 

So fuck off with that, I know it seems like an easily fixed problem, but it's not actually gonna happen, because survival private hives don't exist, while the casual ones sponge up all the players, which starves the public servers, and noone wants to play on an empty server. 

Mods for the dayz mod were pretty good, but they had their own issues, if by mods you mean Epoch or Breaking point, but if you mean auto refuel, extra buildings, self bloodbag to full health, etc then you're entirely wrong. Those mods were there to circumvent aspects of the vanilla mod that got in the way of people getting full milgear in the first half hour, and only added to the deathmatch mentality we're currently trying to overcome at the moment. 

Do you want private hives to solve hopping, combat logging and ghosting? or do you want them for the 1000 vehicles and start kits? It's ok if you do, but then you should say so, rather than claiming they fix all the problems, yet ignoring all the problems they introduce. 

What if the public hives solved hopping, logging and ghosting? would you still want private hives? 

People want the mods of course.  Anything to make the game easier for them without having to put an ounce of game time in.

I played on one after a patch and it said Private in the category and I made a separate character on it.

Private hives do not exist. Do your research.

PS

I haven't seen Steak and Potatoes post in error yet so I would believe what him.

Self blood bag, auto refuel were merely scripts.

By mods I ment epoch, breaking point, origin etc.

as far as public hives fixing server hopping and ghosting I hope they do eventually do this. However I doubt they will I would still prefer private hives as they seem to develop their own communities which is nice.

Private hives will also be really vital once base building is put in place, one character per server you wouldn't want a player to server hop right into the middle of your base would you ?

- Combat logging

- Server hopping

-Ghosting

I would rather have crybaby easy-moders go back to their pick-up-and-play games then fracture this community into a million pieces.

Plus I hate to make sweeping generalizations, but admins are always power tripping assholes who are petty as shit. I've very rarely played a game where if you gloat about killing one they don't either kick you or do something to mess with you like teleport you into the wall.

I'm also not talking about verbal abuse, but something like if an admin is talking smack and you kill him and say, "Man, it's hard to hear you when I keep blowing your tongue out the back of your head". 99.9% of the time that will incur some non-gameplay form of retribution.

Self blood bag, auto refuel were merely scripts.

By mods I ment epoch, breaking point, origin etc.

as far as public hives fixing server hopping and ghosting I hope they do eventually do this. However I doubt they will I would still prefer private hives as they seem to develop their own communities which is nice.

Private hives will also be really vital once base building is put in place, one character per server you wouldn't want a player to server hop right into the middle of your base would you ?

scripts or not, they were an invariable feature of private hives, and complete shit.

The few times Dean has talked about base building, he's implied that bases will be underground. So at this point in time it seems unlikely that a player will server hop into a base.

Epoch style bases were an interesting and original concept but have no place in the SA, at least in their current form. They upset the dynamic of Chernarus too much and we ended up with monstrosities poking into the sky and the server charging for building space because they take up memory. So it's a bit early to be using bases as an argument. 

I don't see why you couldn't just play on one public hive server, a lot of people use the one anyway, and once radios work communities will start to form around those servers. Unless global chat and death messages are turned on, a private hive would play exactly the same as a public, except with easymode scripts. 

Edited by Capo

I played on one after the 3rd(?) patch I think and now they're all gone. My friend and I just got killed by a ghosting group of 3 pussies after we killed one when they ambushed us. I'm sick of this shit, these people are so pathetic.

What most likely happened was you played on a server where the admin simply changed the name and put 'Private' in the title. As of now, all servers are running off the central hives. One hive for Regular and one hive for Hardcore.

- Combat logging

- Server hopping

-Ghosting

Private hives were the worst thing to happen to the mod. Please don't spread propaganda promoting private hives. They are horrible.

What most likely happened was you played on a server where the admin simply changed the name and put 'Private' in the title. As of now, all servers are running off the central hives. One hive for Regular and one hive for Hardcore.

Private hives were the worst thing to happen to the mod. Please don't spread propaganda promoting private hives. They are horrible.

Private hives are the only reason dayz mod is still being played.

There is a reason why private hives are far more popular than the public hive in the mod.

People do not like server hoppers,ghosters and combat loggers.

One surefire way to fix it is to have one character per server.

There is a reason why private hives are far more popular than the public hive in the mod.

People do not like server hoppers,ghosters and combat loggers.

That is true, but they also have no other option, because public hives are empty.

Stop being misleading, you're not wrong, but you're definitely not right. Meanwhile they're trying to work on fixing the ghosting, logging and hopping, which if achieved renders private hives pointless, at least in the regard you're advertising. 

People want the mods of course.  Anything to make the game easier for them without having to put an ounce of game time in.

do you have any experience playing the mods?

different mod's offer different things.

yes some make it easy..others make it harder.

that essentially makes it private hives with a central storage system. 

do you have any experience playing the mods?

different mod's offer different things.

yes some make it easy..others make it harder.

Do you have any experience with these forums?

Multiple threads asking for mods

Multiple threads for easier to find loot aka gear

Multiple threads for being able to identify people

Multiple threads for vehicles so we don't have to walk anymore...... the list goes on.

And sorry bro, I played the original mod which makes this version look like a kids playground.  Then I played the modded versions of the mod which were complete and utter garbage by handing you gear like it was going out of style which brings us back around to people wanting mods so they can make this game easier.

Oh and back on topic.  There was no private servers.

Edited by Caboose187

There have never been private hives in SA as of yet

One thing you guys doesn't seem to understand is that the problems and issues you mention of admin abuse, custom loadouts etc. are easily fixable. The issue of public hives destroying the immersion and challenge of a survival game like this, are inherent to public hives and fixes doesn't exist. Even if you put a 30 min penalty timer for server hopping, you can still do it, hence the issue still remains. However, for the issues you address, you could just limit the admin powers, voila! Look for example at the Origins mod. I have played hundreds of hours, and before they added additional admin tools, I didnt see one case of abuse, or custom lootspawns etc. Were those servers private (i.e. one character per server)? Yes they were!

So all you guys trying to argue against private hives, pls stop, because your arguments are not valid if you can control the amount of power an admin should have. Something Bohemia and Rocket obviously could do, just like the Origins team can.

There WILL be private hives, but you have to keep in mind that the current setup is for testing, and the game isn't due for release until 2015.