rodolfoxiii

Sleeping and infinite running

While sleeping is a bad idea..a cool lay down, tip your hat down over your eyes while crossing your legs to nap while logging off would be cool

Well, I figure if one was so inclined IRL they could run up to an hour (i really don't know correct me if I'm wrong) which is basically from one end of the map to the other (not to sure onthat one either) *facepalm*. Yes I know... there's a lot of shit on your back. Hopefully you would run slower almost for the same amount of time. Resting just seems kinda pointless at this stage.

Edited by SIDWULF

I just hope if there really is a Stima system in the works, the system will calculate the weight of items.

So you can actually run longer and/or faster if you choose to use a smaller bagpack and carry less items with you. 

Also, eating and dringking should have a signifikant impact on stamina. You shouldn't be able to run topspeed if you are really full/"Stuffed". And it would make sense to add items like Energy Drinks to push Stamina for a short time.

I just hope if there really is a Stima system in the works, the system will calculate the weight of items.

So you can actually run longer and/or faster if you choose to use a smaller bagpack and carry less items with you. 

Also, eating and dringking should have a signifikant impact on stamina. You shouldn't be able to run topspeed if you are really full/"Stuffed". And it would make sense to add items like Energy Drinks to push Stamina for a short time.

Well i think the new status system, "Energized" is the work in progress of running faster but I could be way off course with that one

• Like 1

sleeping bag ? no sleep no healthy ? unpack sleeping bag>you cannot sleep in this area>sleeping >log off wake up healthy and or disease free?

you get the idea

Don't know bout you guys, but my character sleeps whenever I do, which is pretty much every day for 6-7 hours.

The ting is... enough is enough. Some things might be fun, but let's not try to do too much realism.

But in case sleeping gets added, I have a few suggestions myself:

• You need to brush your teeth regularly (otherwise you get sick)
  • You need to take a bath in a lake at least every 3rd day (reduces likelyhood of diseases)
  • You need to cut your fingernails at least once a week (or you can't grab a weapon)
  • A big sexual intercouse system, including same sex action and masturbating (chars not having sex get in a bad mood)

See where this is going? To much of this "realism" will create a quite weird SIMS game for adult men... :D

• Like 1

TL;DR

Just pretend that your character sleeps while you're offline. Problem solved.

I agree, pretend that when you log off your character camouflagehide himself to take a nap and will wake up when you log back in (but don't come back 3 days later otherwise he would be dead dry on the floor)

Survival game with no sleeping and infinite running?

Once alternative modes of transportation are in the game - cars, bicycles, horses, etc - I would guess the negative consequences of running will be increased from where they are today.  Dean has already mentioned a stamina system is needed and planned.