Sign in to follow this  
dusty_nuttles

Servers Putting TS Info In Welcome Messages

Almost every single server has a Welcome Message with their TeamSpeak information.

Hall didn't want VOIP, so why should a server be allowed to put their TS information in Welcome Messages? Doesn't it defeat the purpose?

If your being your normal bandit self, all some broke ass Bambi needs to do is go on the servers TeamSpeak and rat you out to whoever is there to listen.

Don't worry, coast bambies are too stiupid to do somethign like this.

PS.

And even if some bambi would try to rat you out, then everyone would think it is a trap.

Edited by Frosti

yeah cause everyone random on a ts server is going to believe everything they are told and not think it a trap - do not underestimate the power of paranoia !!

AFAIK rocket has nothing against VOIP, I see no issue with admins putting their TS info in the welcome message. They are the ones paying tons of money per month, and that's basically the only thing they have control of.

• Like 2

I don't really see a risk here.

You should always assume, at least to a certain degree, that the person you killed wasn't interact with isn't alone.

It is your decission to stick around a place after you had a hostile encouter with someone - regardless if you robbed, killed or just threatened them.

Almost every single server has a Welcome Message with their TeamSpeak information.

Hall didn't want VOIP, so why should a server be allowed to put their TS information in Welcome Messages? Doesn't it defeat the purpose?

If your being your normal bandit self, all some broke ass Bambi needs to do is go on the servers TeamSpeak and rat you out to whoever is there to listen.

Did YOU pay for the server?

No?

Then shut up or buy your own server.

I'm sick of the kiddies in the forums bitching about servers that they don't PAY for.  You want a server done your way, pay for it like everyone else.

• Like 1

*Sigh* I think VOIP is fine, doesn't hinder me from killing all of the bambis in town. ^-^

• Like 1

Personally, and by that I mean this is my own personal opinion, I am not a fan of third party voice chat. Well...let me specify further.

I am not a fan of using third party comms or text being used to communicate when it is game related. That's not to say I mind it being used to find friends or if new players need some answers. That's also not to say that I haven't used third party comms before, I have.

However, in my opinion again, I would prefer to see walkies and radios be used as the default means of long range comms. In which case you would be taking a risk by using the radio. Be if from being heard by zeds, or worse, other players.

It's not a huge deal by any means. There are tons of other things I'd like to see implemented first.

In the end though, it's most likely impossible to enforce a "no third party comms" and we will all have to live with it for better or worse.

Again, these are the thoughts of one man who is mostly insignificant to the dev process.

My two cents. Well spent.

Not really a problem just force the direct chat in game mic to turn on whenever you speak in teamspeak so whatever you say in teamspeak is mirrored in game.

Did YOU pay for the server?

No?

Then shut up or buy your own server.

I'm sick of the kiddies in the forums bitching about servers that they don't PAY for.  You want a server done your way, pay for it like everyone else.

What makes you think I'm a kid? You see my AV? You think kids know that movie? Actually, lets see how young you are KID.

Can you name the movie w/o googling it? If not, quit talking out of the side of your neck and keep it moving.

I'm not one of these whining little brats crying about everything and anything so check your tone before it gets you checked wanna be tough guy. I don't care if your in the service or a wannabe service guy or not.

Like I'm going to rent a server and get ripped off anyway. If your renting a server, your an idiot.

• Like 1

I don't really see a risk here.

You should always assume, at least to a certain degree, that the person you killed wasn't interact with isn't alone.

It is your decission to stick around a place after you had a hostile encouter with someone - regardless if you robbed, killed or just threatened them.

Quick, hide the banditry.

If this was true, he wouldn't spend all of his time in-game on TS or Vent.  Why should anyone else NOT use TS or Vent when the lead developer uses it?  Also, if I pay $90 per month for my own server I will do whatever the hell I want.  I wouldn't lootwhore and kick anyone not in my group of friends but I will advertise my own TS or Vent if I want to.

Edited by OR3GONIZ3D

You watch his streams, don't you? He's talking to a large group and I don't see the direct chat tell-tale mic icon going off too often. Guess he must have some way to secord his massive ESP powers. Or he could just be using some sort of VOIP. Which do you think?

Or are you more worried about the consequences of your own actions? God forbid that they organise a lynch party and come shoot you in the face. If I'm not mistaken, that's the sort of stuff Dean specifically wants in this game.

If this was true, he wouldn't spend all of his time in-game on TS or Vent.  Why should anyone else NOT use TS or Vent when the lead developer uses it?  Also, if I pay $90 per month for my own server I will do whatever the hell I want.  I wouldn't lootwhore and kick anyone not in my group of friends but I will advertise my own TS or Vent if I want to.

What else is he going to use? Brainwaves?

Can anyone VOIP globally? NO. Does Side-Chat work? NO. If your not in proximity you can't speak/type/nothing/nada. That's what I'm talking about.

The thing is; if you pay the whatever/month, you CAN'T DO WHAT YOU WANT. You can't set up a private server, you can't set up a PVE server, you can't do jack so whats your point again? You can't do whatever you want, am I right or wrong here? Thought so.

There is nothing that can be done about people using voip so it's a bit pointless to complain about it really.

• Like 1

it is impossible to say people can't use team speak.

voip in game means that retards abuse global chat and talk a lot bothering other players.

I am going to make a new post on this. I do not care if they use TeamSpeak. and telling someone what they can do on a server that they pay for is not the answer. if you do not like the TS info in the server welcome message then Pay for your own server and do not put it in their. my Clan all chips in to pay for our server,

now if all the server are paid for by the maker of the game then by all means let them control them.

the way to Fix this is just put a setting on the hardcore servers that keeps the MIC open in Direct chat at all times. that person that keeps talking in TS would be dead vary quick in this type of hardcore server.

HardCore servers should have an open MIC in Direct Chat at all times. if they are using TeamSpeak it will not matter as you will also hear them in Direct chat.

if they have a radio they would also have to use direct chat to speak in to it. so someone near them could hear them talk. unless they talk really quiet.

I'm not one of these whining little brats crying about everything and anything so check your tone before it gets you checked wanna be tough guy. I don't care if your in the service or a wannabe service guy or not.

Like I'm going to rent a server and get ripped off anyway. If your renting a server, your an idiot.

well seems like your butt hurt by the first line..

and as to the second...why are the people renting servers idiots?   is it not OUR money to spend as we wish?

the fact that YOU dont want to rent a server is YOUR choice..

do I say YOUR  an idiot for not renting one?

I am going to make a new post on this. I do not care if they use TeamSpeak. and telling someone what they can do on a server that they pay for is not the answer. if you do not like the TS info in the server welcome message then Pay for your own server and do not put it in their. my Clan all chips in to pay for our server,

now if all the server are paid for by the maker of the game then by all means let them control them.

the way to Fix this is just put a setting on the hardcore servers that keeps the MIC open in Direct chat at all times. that person that keeps talking in TS would be dead vary quick in this type of hardcore server.

HardCore servers should have an open MIC in Direct Chat at all times. if they are using TeamSpeak it will not matter as you will also hear them in Direct chat.

if they have a radio they would also have to use direct chat to speak in to it. so someone near them could hear them talk. unless they talk really quiet.

easy to get around....disable in game mic.

You must be playing on a lot of non-official servers. Haven't seen one of those messages in weeks

Worst idea ever. What do you suggest I do when playing with my 720w RMS sound system? Turn it down or put headphones on? No thanks. You clearly didn't think this idea through.

Edited by Irenicus

What else is he going to use? Brainwaves?

Can anyone VOIP globally? NO. Does Side-Chat work? NO. If your not in proximity you can't speak/type/nothing/nada. That's what I'm talking about.

The thing is; if you pay the whatever/month, you CAN'T DO WHAT YOU WANT. You can't set up a private server, you can't set up a PVE server, you can't do jack so whats your point again? You can't do whatever you want, am I right or wrong here? Thought so.

Can anyone VOIP globally?  YES.  Just use one of the many VOIP programs.  Derp.  

The thing is, I CAN do whatever I want such as put my TS or Vent info for everyone to use.  

You sound like a butthurt little kid because you get owned by people who use VOIP programs and don't use the proximity chat in-game.

Nothing the devs do will stop teamspeak, stop crying over such stupid things.

• Like 1