Sign in to follow this  
Bigal123

Glitchy Movement

Before you guys say, that other threads were made about this, I know. But I dont see anything being done to it.

One of the biggest problems, for me are the slow glitchy animations.

Example: Laying down, and getting up then not being able to move for 2-3 seconds.

Now I understand, that ArmA before was a war simulator, in which you cannot have fluid animations like BF3, or so on. And I honestly dont mind slowness in the animations, but some are just so irritating. 

I know how hard it is, to fix some things, and some things just cannot be fixed without major attention to them, but their must be a quick fix just for the moment, or atleast start getting to fixing it.

The developers are working on content ingame, which is great and I appreciate it, but I would rather them fix the core and stability before getting into content and creativity. Again, it is not my game, so they choose what they like which is fine, but this is just my opinion on the matter.

I am fine with 6 guns, and barely much content for a while, but those animations doee.. 

Anyways I love this game so I am going to get back on, bye.

I will post a video later on, for some examples for those not understanding, or do not have the standalone.

What do you guys think?

I think that we have to embrace the idea this game will never be glitch-free.

Now I understand, that ArmA before was a war simulator, in which you cannot have fluid animations like BF3, or so on. And I honestly dont mind slowness in the animations, but some are just so irritating. 

Says who? I personally think the SKS in DayZ SA has once of the smoothest reloading animations I have ever seen. And a little fun fact, in games like CoD, BF4 & 3, etc, the guns have 2 sets of animations. Once animation is very rough and basic, which is what other people would see you doing, such as reloading. The second set is for first person (you) which is much smoother. Same goes for detail. Look at your gun in BF4 in 3rd person has much less detail than 1st person. DayZ has 1 set of animations for everything. In that light, you have to applaud Dean for his work towards making it look pretty since the 1st person in DayZ is literally you looking through your avatar's eyes and not some fake 1st person camera.

Edited by Shadow134
  • Like 2

Says who? I personally think the SKS in DayZ SA has once of the smoothest reloading animations I have ever seen. And a little fun fact, in games like CoD, BF4 & 3, etc, the guns have 2 sets of animations. Once animation is very rough and basic, which is what other people would see you doing, such as reloading. The second set is for first person (you) which is much smoother. Same goes for detail. Look at your gun in BF4 in 3rd person has much less detail than 1st person. DayZ has 1 set of animations for everything. In that light, you have to applaud Dean for his work towards making it look pretty since the 1st person in DayZ is literally you looking through your avatar's eyes and not some fake 1st person camera.

He did not create that though? That was in ArmA before.

He did not create that though? That was in ArmA before.

I realize this, I was applauding Dean for keeping it the way it was in ARMA.

Hi, the most annoying animations for me are the "jump wall" animation when your character doesn't jump and it gets stuck for 2 seconds mantling over a fence; it would be nice two separate keys, one for jumping an another for mantling.

Another annoying animation is when you change weapons, if you change it while not moving your character will be stuck for 2 seconds, if you are moving while changing weapons your character won't stop moving straight and you will be unable to stop him until the weapon is changed.

Hi, the most annoying animations for me are the "jump wall" animation when your character doesn't jump and it gets stuck for 2 seconds mantling over a fence; it would be nice two separate keys, one for jumping an another for mantling.

Another annoying animation is when you change weapons, if you change it while not moving your character will be stuck for 2 seconds, if you are moving while changing weapons your character won't stop moving straight and you will be unable to stop him until the weapon is changed.

It will be seamless eventually. What you have to do if you want to jump at the moment is get a run-up first, then press [V] and do a Super Mario.

As it is, jumping isn't too urgent at the moment anyway and perfectly timed jumps will just be abused by people hopping everywhere. There's more pressing additions needed and problems to be fixed.