Sign in to follow this  
Jhunt7507

Ideas to make Chernarus feel more Eastern European

They are most likely USMC personnel, which was in Chernarus before the outbreak.

Where the hell did you get that from? America being world's cowboy again? I don't think so. You can only pull that shit off in Iraq/Afghanistan, you have no place in post-soviet states because guess what, Russia controlles them.

Where the hell did you get that from? America being world's cowboy again? I don't think so. You can only pull that shit off in Iraq/Afghanistan, you have no place in post-soviet states because guess what, Russia controlles them.

Why don't you look up the background of Chernarus. Jesus Christ its like nobody bothers anymore.

• Like 1

Why don't you look up the background of Chernarus. Jesus Christ its like nobody bothers anymore.

Intelligent, well thought out, educated responses?!  How dare you!  This is the internet man...

:P

USMC invaded Chernarus in 2009 through ArmA canon (Assuming it's true in the DayZ universe, which there's no real reason not to believe) and resulting occupation would have likely led to USMC support during an apocalyptic event.

Yeah, lets just add some very adolescent stereotypes of vodka and tracksuits. Also Chernarus isn't Russia.

It was Russia. Its on Russia's border. It's virtaully Russia.

IKR???!!!

Op

There are Soviet propaganda paintings on the sides of some of the industrial buildings, faded away of course.

Once radio's are added i hope we can pick up the Chernarussian and Soviet anthems. 

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/results?q=arma%202%20chernarussian%20anthem&sm=3

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/results?q=arma%202%20chernarussian%20anthem&sm=3

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/results?q=soviet%20national%20anthem&sm=3

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=_Efb1DAeA34

Yesterday I finded roadsign from near Lopatino wich was saying Moscow 2172 kilometres from that you can you can draw a circle in map and see where Chernarus might be.

The soldiers wore TTsKO. CDF Soldiers don't wear Flora or stuff like that. Before the outbreak people barely even wore tracksuits. Mostly coats, jumpers, cardigans, shirts etc. Since Chernarus isn't in Russia (it's a country)  we should keep it ArmA 2 lore friendly

It was Russia. Its on Russia's border. It's virtaully Russia.

No. You are quite wrong. The area of Chernarus where DayZ is set, is called South Zagoria. And is not even near the border. It's not Russia in any way. It was never Russia. It was a Soviet Republic, part of the USSR, before 1991, when it became a democratic Republic.

USMC invaded Chernarus in 2009 through ArmA canon (Assuming it's true in the DayZ universe, which there's no real reason not to believe) and resulting occupation would have likely led to USMC support during an apocalyptic event.

:huh: did i miss the memo? There no oilfields in cherno.......so no reason for Murica to liberate the shit out of them

the closest thing would be some UN guys.....

:huh: did i miss the memo? There no oilfields in cherno.......so no reason for Murica to liberate the shit out of them

the closest thing would be some UN guys.....

Except for the established lore of direct US military involvement in Chernarus. Also Chernarus isn't Russia. Russia wouldn't have to send peace keepers to it's own nation during the Chernarusussian Civil War.

I like the idea of AKs and Russian camo.

Tracksuits made me lol, only want it if we can squat as well.

Except for the established lore of direct US military involvement in Chernarus. Also Chernarus isn't Russia. Russia wouldn't have to send peace keepers to it's own nation during the Chernarusussian Civil War.

from what i read so far...........THIS ISNT ARMA

there is no point to turning another game into a MURICA FREEDOM SIMULATOR.

ive talked with some east european coworker which served (russian,poland etc) and not a single one did ever used an american weapon.

i was laughing when a the guy from kazastan told me they still used a few MP40´s and liked the more than the AK´s for the simpel reason that they could throw them around :D

a polish guy told me they had a handfull M16!! for Manouver Games

ok thats Real life so lets look at the Game world

it seems that the cherno timeline is set in the late 80´s...... so no Murica wonder weapons please

keep it real damnit.....only this one time :rolleyes:

No. You are quite wrong. The area of Chernarus where DayZ is set, is called South Zagoria. And is not even near the border. It's not Russia in any way. It was never Russia. It was a Soviet Republic, part of the USSR, before 1991, when it became a democratic Republic.

Tell that to bohemia.

"Joined the Russian impire in 1631, a puppet state in 1917 and became an independent state in 1991."

And yes, South zorgia is beside Russia's "Black Mountains".

http://www.arma2.com/arma-2/arma-2-chernarus/140-chernarus.html

Basically, Chernarus was completely controlled by the Soviet Union, and the Soviet Military was basically it's military. 

ive talked with some east european coworker which served (russian,poland etc) and not a single one did ever used an american weapon.

i was laughing when a the guy from kazastan told me they still used a few MP40´s and liked the more than the AK´s for the simpel reason that they could throw them around :D

it seems that the cherno timeline is set in the late 80´s...... so no Murica wonder weapons please

Chernarus is set in, at least, the present day. You've got the FNP-45, which is from 2010, the M4A1, which is from 1996, as well as tons of other stuff which was created and/or became common after the 80's. 

Also, it makes perfect sense for DayZ to follow ArmA canon up until the point of the apocalypse, I mean the actual US intervention + postwar peacekeeping is plausible. Also, obviously some USMC soldiers were killed, and not all equipment could have been recovered during the USMC's leaving of Chernarus, so that would offer them a good and canonical explanation for the M4A1 and US assault vests, as well as the future Western weapons. If they don't go off of ArmA canon, they have bigger holes in the plot than if they don't, other than "it's a video game"

• Like 1

What purpose would vodka serve in the game? I don't think it would hydrate you...

It would, actually. It would have some other unwelcome effects, and would eventually make you throw up, but it would initially hydrate you. Fluid is fluid.

If you actually bothered to take 5 minutes to wiki the series, you would find that

1. The Game (ArmA) wasn't developed by Americans

2. The dayZ has technology that is post 80s

3. Both games are set in Chernarus, Dean Hall could have renamed it if he wanted no connection with the game that the mod was based on, but he didn't. We are in Chernarus, a place with established background.

4. There are Eastern European Countries that use M4s and other American Weapons, such as Czech Republic and Estonia

Remove black race from the game if you want to make it more authentic. I don't recall seeing any black gentlemen around here.

inb4 racist woo... face the facts

The idea behind the survivors is that they wash up on shore, from god knows where. I.e. you're probably not chernorussian

The idea behind the survivors is that they wash up on shore, from god knows where. I.e. you're probably not chernorussian

The idea behind the survivors is whatever you make it

Tell that to bohemia.

"Joined the Russian impire in 1631, a puppet state in 1917 and became an independent state in 1991."

And yes, South zorgia is beside Russia's "Black Mountains".

http://www.arma2.com/arma-2/arma-2-chernarus/140-chernarus.html

Basically, Chernarus was completely controlled by the Soviet Union, and the Soviet Military was basically it's military. 

Chernarus is a country with its own armed forces

Chernarus is a country with its own armed forces

Yeah, if you get attacked by the zombie soldiers, take a look at their patches. I haven't gotten a close look, but the shoulder flag insignia appears to be one blue stripe and one yellow stripe. I assume this would constitute a Chernorusian flag.