FfEgEWX.jpg

-Weather that looks grey

xOPuZ7t.jpg

-More Soviet Inspired Propaganda

zyYft12.jpg

Feel free to suggest your ideas

Edited by Jhunt7507
  • Like 2

Lots of Tracksuits, Vodka, and Cigarettes? Sounds like stereotyping to me.

Edited by dvsilverwing

Not really, tracksuits are really prominent in Eastern European countries, and vodka....well...it's яuccка comrade!

• Like 2

AK's are coming.

What purpose would vodka serve in the game? I don't think it would hydrate you...

The soldiers wear CDF camoflague (if you mean the zeds), I don't get why you would find Russian army camoflague in Chernarus, really...

Weather is not fully implemented yet, but yes, foggy and rainy.

Why would you find Soviet Propaganda in Chernarus? It hasn't had a communist rule for more than 30 years...

Still stereotypical. 

So what. If it was taking place in America I would suggest more mcdonald type fast food resturaunts, suburbs, and car dealerships.

• Like 2

AK's are coming.

What purpose would vodka serve in the game? I don't think it would hydrate you...

The soldiers wear CDF camoflague (if you mean the zeds), I don't get why you would find Russian army camoflague in Chernarus, really...

Why would you find Soviet Propaganda in Chernarus? It hasn't had a communist rule for more than 30 years...

You could still find communist propraganda there, after all the old soviet apartments were still there and because chernarus is still relatively poor (or was) they probably wouldn't waste money painting over such communist paintings on walls etc

AK's are coming.

So I've heard

Mostly disinfecting wounds and molotov cocktails. It would be fun to drink a whole bottle and run/crawl around cherno wasted.

I can agree with this. Maybe more blue style police uniforms a lot of eastern european countries use. (We've all seen the GIF of the ukranian riot police taunting the protesters in an innapropriate manor)

Im glad we can agree

Soviet inspired propaganda that still might be there. I don't know, something to give it a more eastern bloc feel

Still stereotypical. 

add stolen german cars :D

damn i want see a Benz or Bimmer without airbags and navi in cherno

• Like 1

I don't get why you would find Russian army camoflague in Chernarus, really...

Actually, if we look at Arma 2's storyline, there was a whole battalion of Russian "peacekeepers" based at Vybor airbase. So it would make sense.

Edited by Ferenssi

You could still find communist propraganda there, after all the old soviet apartments were still there and because chernarus is still relatively poor (or was) they probably wouldn't waste money painting over such communist paintings on walls etc

Tearing down a sign is easy. Tearing down an apartment building, which doesn't intentionally send a political message? Most Soviet-time apartments are still left in Russia and Ukraine, why not here? And I can't imagine that much would be left of any propaganda signs after 30 years...

Oh, and by the way, did I denounce водка in my above post? I did not mean it. водка! If водка has no use ingame, we need to get a use for водка!

Eastern Europe? I have been thinking that this place is in Russia at pacific coast. Well I have not played Arma or mod.

Stereotypical? How about all players getting hungry, thirsty, or sick? Wow what a stereotype...Not all people are the same!

Soda doesn't hydrate you either, it actually dehydrates you but NOBODY would like that feature.

Focus on and prevalence eastern European guns and camouflage

graphic tees with Cyrillic lettering

maybe CDs with Russian music that can be played on a radio?

and водка

Remove black race from the game if you want to make it more authentic. I don't recall seeing any black gentlemen around here.

inb4 racist woo... face the facts

Edited by Awruk

Remove black race from the game if you want to make it more authentic. I don't recall seeing any black gentlemen around here.

Refugees, if not other inhabitants or even (int.) soldiers? DayZ is not really specific to user backgrounds other than "You start at the coast with little gear". And that's also mostly a gameplay thing since there's no official story. Or no precise one anyway, other than it's loosely based on A2.

E: Also, user customization, freedom of choice, etc.

"Realism" usually doesn't apply to all games to full extend (100%), or it might not be enjoyable anymore. Or too much to code.

Edited by Combine

They are most likely USMC personnel, which was in Chernarus before the outbreak.

Eastern Europe? I have been thinking that this place is in Russia at pacific coast. Well I have not played Arma or mod.

Nope, it's in its' own country of Chernarus, which is based off of the Czech Republic in terrain and culture (with influence from post, in-midst of and pre-Soviet union ideology as well)

They are most likely USMC personnel, which was in Chernarus before the outbreak.

It's an acceptable break from reality, considering there are people who are that race/want to play as that race, and it would feel somewhat racist if they kept it out, or worse, took it out.

------------------------------------------

And to OP, AKs will eventually come.

The M4A1 was done to test the versatility of the attachment system. I wouldn't expect them to remove the M4A1 from the game, though.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Is it racist that there is no asian people. I imagined that chernarus would be new nation separeted from russia in far east  near vladivostok cause I have been finding New Zealands soldiers stuff. And I cant see sea near Belarus or Checz. Well anyway, in my imagination I can be where ever I want cause this is global apocalyse. Btw its good to hear that Ak`s are coming cause AK´s are practically all over the world IRL.

I like the idea of vodka...

Maybe you could use it as a kind of painkiller. But with the bad sideeffect of a blurry sight and lowered walking speed.