Standalone won't launch
Specs:
GeForce GTX 680
Intel I-7 3770
8Gigs Ram
Direct X 11
Windows 8.1 X64

Problem:
When I click the game in either steam "Play" Right click play or navigate to the game and click the application icon the game will show up in my background processes for a milisecond and disappear, then nothing. 

Troubleshooting Steps:
Restart Steam
Restart machine
Reinstall game
Run in compatibility mode for win 7 and xp
Run in low resolution
Run as administrator
Validated game cache
Update graphics card drivers
Run virus and malware scan
Disable all virus and maleware software
Google

Errors:
None, the game does absolutely nothing

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

More Troubleshooting:
Completely uninstalled the game
Fresh install of steam
Fresh install of DayZ
Modified various .cfg commands
Modified launch settings

Box in bottom right hand corner will say in game and then immediately switch back to online
  • Like 1

Just bought the game today, was all excited when it finished installing, then I was bummed because it wasn't loading :(. It seems the game launches because in steam friends it sais im in game, and theres also a process running for it, but nothing happens. I tried a couple restarts and verifying the cache but nothing seems to be working. I run DayZ Epoch, and all that other stuff fine so id imagine its not a computer hardware issue.

I finally resolved this issue:

I did a fresh install of Win 7 Ultimate x64 then only downloaded my network drivers (do this first if you do not have another machine), Chrome, Stock video card drivers (comes with .net framework 4), Steam and DayZ. Now I am running with no problem.

Dudes try this.

1.) Verify game cache

2.) Restart steam

3.) Run game(DayZ.exe) as admin ---> C://Program files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/DayZ

If it doesn't work then update your graphics card driver.

1.) Right click my computer

2.) Click properties

3.) Device Manager

4.) Display Adapters

5.) Right click graphics card driver then update.

Sincerely,

Staph24

Edited by staph24

Dudes try this.

1.) Verify game cache

2.) Restart steam

3.) Run game(DayZ.exe) as admin ---> C://Program files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/DayZ

If it doesn't work then update your graphics card driver.

1.) Right click my computer

2.) Click properties

3.) Device Manager

4.) Display Adapters

5.) Right click graphics card driver then update.

Sincerely,

Staph24

I tried all of those and yet it is still not working for me.

Update: My issue was found to be with the 3 monitors that I have connected.  When I changed the laptop profile to only use one monitor there was no issue.

• Like 1

Standalone won't launch
Specs:

GeForce GTX 680

Intel I-7 3770

8Gigs Ram

Direct X 11

Windows 8.1 X64

Problem:

When I click the game in either steam "Play" Right click play or navigate to the game and click the application icon the game will show up in my background processes for a milisecond and disappear, then nothing. 

Troubleshooting Steps:

Restart Steam

Restart machine

Reinstall game

Run in compatibility mode for win 7 and xp

Run in low resolution

Run as administrator

Validated game cache

Update graphics card drivers

Run virus and malware scan

Disable all virus and maleware software

Google

Errors:

None, the game does absolutely nothing

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

More Troubleshooting:
Completely uninstalled the game
Fresh install of steam
Fresh install of DayZ
Modified various .cfg commands
Modified launch settings

Box in bottom right hand corner will say in game and then immediately switch back to online

ME TOO.

i have nearly the same issue.

i got disconected from the server and the server browser didn't work, so i thought there is a update.

since that 2mb patch on the exp version i cant start the game anymore. (exp and normal)

before the update it worked fine.

no changes were made to my system...

also i cant stop the dayz.exe process, the only process i can stop is dayz_be.exe and beservice.exe

i got disconected from the server and the server browser didn't work, so i thought there is a update.

since that 2mb patch on the exp version i cant start the game anymore. (exp and normal)

also i cant stop the dayz.exe process, the only process i can stop is dayz_be.exe and beservice.exe

yes me too... it doesnt come up any more.

... im playing experimental and i also did the patch fix because i kept getting refused to go on any servers.

there is a dayz process that is left there in the task list but i cant kill it ..it even hangs on shutting down so i need to cut the power to the computer to reboot. (apparently this is evidence of illegal coding??)

updated gfx drivers ..cleared cache ..downgraded to non experimental....cleared dayz locally and reinstalled  ....  same problem persists!!!

if somebody doesnt give me some ideas pretty soon i might be forced to upgrade to windows10....which i would rather not do

maybe there is  something wrong with that latest patch fix that has boned my dayz ??...ie sloppy programming.

Edited by vaxprime666

Same here. If start the game from dayz.exe it works, but the moment i try to connect to servers it tries to start Battleye and it crashes, so I assume its Battleye related problem. The thing is as fellow users listed before I didnt change a thing on my system. DayZ Devs point to Battleye support, the Battleye support points uselses measures on their support page.

With all due respect dear DAYZ DEVS, I didnt touch a thing, and after the last update Im unable to even start it. I perfectly understand that its alfa, but thats not the tipical case of crying out loud for bullsh*t. Mabe its time to abandon that ridiculous Battleye junk, famous for causing a lot of problems with Arma as well.

I have the exact same problem. I have not changed anything to my system, and since yesterday I can't start DayZ SA. I can see BattlEye start, and in the CMD box it says "Game Launching", nothing happens. There are 3 processes starting when I start DayZ.

- dayz.exe *32

- dayz_BE.exe *32

- beservice.exe

I can stop the BattlEye services, but not dayz.exe ( even though as soon as you stop dayz_be.exe, Steam doesn't show Dayz running any more. Even after removing the game files from Steam, dayz.exe still remains running in services. With dayz.exe *32 running in the background, I cannot restart my computer. I have to hard reset it with the reset or power button.

I usually play Experimental. It worked great with update #2 0.59. Last night was the first time I tried playing in a week, and can see that update #3 0.59 changed something to my whole system ( update 18 nov 2015 ), but reinstalling DayZ doesn't make a difference ( to try and play live, instead of exp.). I also have 2 Steam accounts, and have 2 DayZ SA licenses, and can't play on either now.

Windows 7 Ultimate

Core i5 3.4ghz

16gb ram

evga gtx970 FTW

Also, done all the troubleshooting as suggested here:

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/222427-dayz-doesnt-start/page-2

Edited by Angr

Uniinstalling Avast Antivirus worked for me. Windows 7.

Edited by jefc_uk
  • Like 1

Well, I'm running Avast as well, but there's no way I will uninstall my virus protection, to be able to run a game. Bohemia will need to find a fix for this, not the other way around, that's just ridiculous

Edit:

https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=28694

Edited by Angr

I have the exact same problem. I have not changed anything to my system, and since yesterday I can't start DayZ SA. I can see BattlEye start, and in the CMD box it says "Game Launching", nothing happens. There are 3 processes starting when I start DayZ.

- dayz.exe *32

- dayz_BE.exe *32

- beservice.exe

I can stop the BattlEye services, but not dayz.exe ( even though as soon as you stop dayz_be.exe, Steam doesn't show Dayz running any more. Even after removing the game files from Steam, dayz.exe still remains running in services. With dayz.exe *32 running in the background, I cannot restart my computer. I have to hard reset it with the reset or power button.

I usually play Experimental. It worked great with update #2 0.59. Last night was the first time I tried playing in a week, and can see that update #3 0.59 changed something to my whole system ( update 18 nov 2015 ), but reinstalling DayZ doesn't make a difference ( to try and play live, instead of exp.). I also have 2 Steam accounts, and have 2 DayZ SA licenses, and can't play on either now.

Windows 7 Ultimate

Core i5 3.4ghz

16gb ram

evga gtx970 FTW

Also, done all the troubleshooting as suggested here:

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/222427-dayz-doesnt-start/page-2

damn i thought it was only me ! For me only Dayz.exe*32 appears in the process list . Did you find any solutions ? thanks 

Edited by VaTiS

damn i thought it was only me ! For me only Dayz.exe*32 appears in the process list . Did you find any solutions ? thanks 

Well, apparently you can completely uninstall Avast, reboot, and it should work again. Otherwise, wait until they fix it on their end..