Sign in to follow this  
BaitedHook

does sewing kits fix assault vest and backpacks?

No on back packs and protection vests (stab press) I think assault vests maybe

thanks i was just wondering if i should go try to hunt for a sewing kit.

also does the sewing kit have a number of times you can use it?

"The Sewing Kit can be used to repair basic clothes."

This is the description (NOT in-game description) from the DayZ wiki, along with a picture.

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Sewing_Kit

Now I wonder if that only refers any pants and shirts, hoodies or likewise. From what I assume I doubt you can patch up VESTS with it. Can anyone confirm? Also, where can you find them?

Edited by Combine

"The Sewing Kit can be used to repair basic clothes."

This is the description (NOT in-game description) from the DayZ wiki, along with a picture.

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Sewing_Kit

Now I wonder if that only refers any pants and shirts, hoodies or likewise. From what I assume I doubt you can patch up VESTS with it. Can anyone confirm? Also, where can you find them?

yea can someone tell the general location where they spawn?

yea can someone tell the general location where they spawn?

found 2 so far one just in a house (can't remember which one sorry) the other in the 4 story office building 

Edited by twingunz

I found one in the office building, some people call a school. Can confirm they don't work on cowboy hats.

I found one in a jail building, and two or so others in the general tall buildings (ones with stairs) in cherno/elektro. I got 2 uses per condition rating (IE: 2 uses on a pristine one will bring it down to worn). Items will be brought up to worn condition and no higher when this item is used on them. Works on TTsKO items as thats how i tested mine. Also works on hats (used on camo hat)

• Like 1

I found one in a jail building, and two or so others in the general tall buildings (ones with stairs) in cherno/elektro. I got 2 uses per condition rating (IE: 2 uses on a pristine one will bring it down to worn). Items will be brought up to worn condition and no higher when this item is used on them. Works on TTsKO items as thats how i tested mine. Also works on hats (used on camo hat)

Sounds good, I'm assuming once an item is ruined it's fucked though. 

Sounds good, I'm assuming once an item is ruined it's fucked though. 

I know when the sewing kit is ruined its useless 100% (tested). I dont know for sure if ruined items cant be sewn, I know badly damaged can be though I tested that. I don't think I came across any ruined items to test it on though

Ok I broke my legs which ruined my pants so I tried to sew them (the pants) back together and it doesnt fix them. Likewise for the cleaning kit on ruined guns

Edited by Maia