Sign in to follow this  
rokaraged

Solo or group play?

I've noticed that a strong majority of the posters on the forum generally run with friends or clanmates.

My experience has been the opposite, generally lone wolfing, sometimes working with strangers, mostly shooting everyone I come across. Seeing the advantages of teamwork, (blood transfusions, vehicle building), I'm starting to think I might actually be playing this game in a wrong way. All of my real life buddies don't have computers that can run the arma 2 engine reliably, so I can't really get them into this game.

My question to everyone is, Is this game MEANT to be played with friends? Common perception is, you cannot really trust anyone you meet in this game.

You gotta go on steam or the survivors section of this forum and make a group before you actually make a group in the game.

I've always played lone wolf, with occasional short collaborations with a stray survivor here or there.

Was starting to get a bit bored of the game, then yesterday ended up in a group of 7 that when from cherno to NWAF. It was the most fun I had in ages.

Even though there's less resources since you have to share, it usually turns out that someone has what you need. And you feel a lot safer versus bandits.

On the downside, the chance of alerting zombies seems to go up, and once the shooting starts zombies pour in from every direction, since odds are there'll be some loud weapons in the mix.

Mate it's a lot SIMPLER operating as a lone wolf. Usually after a death I'm left to my own devices being kilometres away from friends. One guy with the drop can take many others on easily. And it's a lot easier to survive since you're only covering yourself.

Team mates offer you protection and firepower, but at the same time can give your position away or even do friendly fire. Overall I definitely believe it's best with friends though. There'll be times when you'll need to be pulled out of a firefight or zombie horde and that's when the bros come in.

So yeah if you want the added benefits like transfusions and vehicle making you'll definitely need some buds. I'm sure there are plenty of groups out there willing to have another in their ranks. Just gotta look them up. I don't really advise looking for friends IN the game though lol.

I've met quite a few people in-game that have then become my friends. At least a half dozen now. Try using the direct chat, and don't just shoot every single player you ever see.