Sign in to follow this  
Hulkmaster

Ruined Loot

Ok guys, having browsed the forums I could not find a post on this completely unrealistic effect on the Alpha Standalone.

When you kill somebody everything that they have is usually ruined. I find this to be a total and complete crock. This needs to be mitigated to the point that a certain percentage up to 35% is ruined. The fact that you have almost a 100% chance to ruin all their items by shooting them twice with a Magnum is complete BS.

Please please please, can we make this more realistic. If items are hard enough to come by why can we not kill someone and take their things. Two bullets won't ruin anything in real life if you killed someone to take their things.....why should it happen in this game? Discouraging people not to kill one another? THAT ALREADY HAPPENS. I'm dying of hunger and I kill a guy and I can't eat the ruined tuna??????

I beg everyone in our community to ask for this change. It's the most retarded aspect of this game play I have seen yet. Fine if you light someone on fire ruin all the stuff. Death by any other method is going to leave almost EVERYTHING. 

/end rant

Hmmmm ... 1 post and this is what you post.

So here is a scenario, Jack has a backpack full of stuff ... you shoot him in the back ... 5 rounds of a Magnum ... are you expecting all the stuff in his backpack to not be ruined?

Don't want to take you on and start a flame war ... but learn to play the game instead of just shooting people and you won't die of hunger.

Maybe it needs to be game balanced, maybe it doesn't ... but either way it is probably going to stay.

• Like 1

I agree that the system is a bit overdone at the moment and deserves some changing over time,

however, it does give an incentive to hold someone up or at least aim for the head.

well, even if i one shot a guy with a mosin, nearly all of his stuff is ruined. not just the stuff in the pack, even his clothes.

But dont worry, its the initial release of the damage system, it will get better as developement advances.

atm the damage done seems to affect nearly every single item.

Edited by Sloddor

Yeah ... that is what I was getting at. The system probably needs some tweaking and probably needs to take in to account hit box location (if possible). But it won't ever be removed ... well I hope it won't.

Yeah you did flame me.

Everyone starts somewhere. So don't troll GEEK.

If I shoot you in real life, and the bullets are hollow point (oh goodness I hope they add such detail), it's not going to penetrate into your bag unless I hit you from behind. As much realism as possible without going overboard. 

Just my two cents.

Sounds like you're mad I would kill someone for food. I'd say that would be one of the more justified reasons for killing.

@Hulkmaster

Recently, rocket added some new things to the list oft the experimentel branch.

Systems: Damage was being equally applied to all objects inside inventory slot when shot/damaged (now items reduce the damage when they take damage)

You might wanna look into it.

Something along the lines of "fixed a problem, where damage from a bullet was spread over all items for every item, instead of items hit taking damage and reduce damage from the bullet".

Or at least this is like I understand it.

Seems like some stuff will still be destroyed if you shoot someone in the backpack, as an example. But not everything he has on him anymore.

• Like 1

@hulkmaster

You had a slightly good point wich I could agree with, but your lack of manners makes it impossible to discuss anything with you so this topic is kinda useless.

• Like 2

At $30 I'm entitled to an opinion. Sounds like you're just belligerent coming into MY thread and telling me I don't have manners. Adding nothing useful at all. Here's another opinion: You suck.

@DaMaakus

Thank you so kindly for that information. That sounds a lot better. I'll see if it continues to happen with well-placed shots. Adding something useful to a thread is priceless. Beans 2 u sir.

Since this has settled my question, I digress.

Edited by Hulkmaster

@DaMaakus

Thank you so kindly for that information. That sounds a lot better. I'll see if it continues to happen with well-placed shots. Adding something useful to a thread is priceless. Beans 2 u sir.

Remember, that is just my interpretation of things, maybe it will work in another way. We will see. :)

But thank you for the beans!

I'd not noticed this before but today i had some pristine cargo pants, the 6 slots where full of ammo. I had a bit of a foray with a zed, i got hit (didn't bleed tho) killed the beast and moved on... then i noticed my pants are now ruined and eveything bar 1 slot is also ruined. 

Cant think of any other reason why i'd get ruined pants other than this.

Thinks i need an ammo box and a packed lunch box  :)

Ok guys, having browsed the forums I could not find a post on this completely unrealistic effect on the Alpha Standalone.

When you kill somebody everything that they have is usually ruined. I find this to be a total and complete crock. This needs to be mitigated to the point that a certain percentage up to 35% is ruined. The fact that you have almost a 100% chance to ruin all their items by shooting them twice with a Magnum is complete BS.

Please please please, can we make this more realistic. If items are hard enough to come by why can we not kill someone and take their things. Two bullets won't ruin anything in real life if you killed someone to take their things.....why should it happen in this game? Discouraging people not to kill one another? THAT ALREADY HAPPENS. I'm dying of hunger and I kill a guy and I can't eat the ruined tuna??????

I beg everyone in our community to ask for this change. It's the most retarded aspect of this game play I have seen yet. Fine if you light someone on fire ruin all the stuff. Death by any other method is going to leave almost EVERYTHING. 

/end rant

No.

Oh man, there is a consequence to your cowadoody bang bang action. Next time try holding them up at gun point, asking for food or offering a trade.

The actual system is stupid.
Shoot a single bullet in the head -> Everything ruined including shoes...No one can say that this is realistic, balanced or a good thing, this is the stupidest thing ever !

Only FEW objects should be ruined, nothing else.
And some object should not be damaged, even if you shoot at a AKM for example, how the hell if you just shoot on the middle of the gun attachment can be ruined ?

And everything get ruined too easily, seriously we can ruin an ax by chopping 4 tree, c'mon seriously, no need to be expert in materials to know that this is ridiculous, even while cutting 1000 tree i don't even see an ax being simply in need to be sharped again...

Damage system exactly like the damn too fast starvation and too fast decease system NEED to be balanced.

In fact i was expecting to see in hardcore mode a more difficult character management but more realistic system (hardcore don't mean hard but realistic) and having a long duration starvation delay, hardcore for people who will prefer having more realistic gameplay with more forgiving/realistic delay even if we can't make a 5 day before we die from hunger, at least WAY MORE...
Same for damage, but yeah what i see was a stupid decision to just transform hardcore server into...First person view server, useless...

For me it prove that they don't want realism anymore they get "contaminated" by success and they now want more and start commercial shitty aspect of the game with stupid unrealistic stuff, just for attract more peoples...
That how i see it...
And for me it simply told us : we won't have a better starvation/decease/damage model, its still in alpha, but they seam to have choose their way, and its far from the realistic survival simulator we expect...