Dogar

Can't see other people's direct communication chat

I am also having this problem and would love a fix, my direct chat or voice is not working, my girlfriend's is working standing right beside me and i can see her chat just fine but she/anyone else can't see or hear mine, this is quite annoying and would like to know a fix

I'm having the same problem. My brother and I ran into a few guys in the grocery store last night in Zelenogorsk and we called out friendly. So did they, but I didn't see it so I didn't respond. I also couldn't see what my brother was typing. They fired what must have been a warning shot so I returned fire because to me they hadn't responded to my calls of friendly. I dropped one of them and they killed me in return. My brother then told me they were calling out friendly but because I didn't see it, it cost me my life and one of their players his life.

So if the SoH players are reading this, I apologize. I'm not the type of player to shoot on sight. I was simply returning fire because to me it looked as though no one was responding with anything other than a bullet. Huge misunderstanding.

This bug needs to be worked out. It causes so many problems between players that don't need to be there. Who knows, maybe my brother and I could have gotten along well with those SoH guys if I had been able to see the chat?

Ironically when the servers were down the other day, although I was unable to play, I could connect to many different servers and chat. I agree though that this problem removes a lot of fun from the game to the point where I've all but stopped playing.

To the people who have this problem: How about we keep this thread afloat until we get a fix for this %@ing thing.

To the people who have this problem: How about we keep this thread afloat until we get a fix for this %@ing thing.

Yes we should! It's quite annoying not being able to communicate in this type of game!I cant see other players chat and some times mine too...I'm typing invisible letters!Please someone from the devs,fix this game breaking bug!!!

I've got the same Problem. I can see my Messages, but never the messages from other Player or hear the Voice Channel. I think we should hunt down the Bug to the origin, to know whether it's based in Arma 2, Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2 OA Beta, or in the DayZ mod itself.

same here, weird thing is that all the other chat works perfectly well.

Same problem! But since nobody seems to know how to fix it, can't we at least narrow it down?

Like does everybody who has this problem use the steam version? (I do).

I really hope this gets fixed soon, it's just not as much fun when everybody is just sheepishly staring at each other.

no fix needed, its actually working fine on servers i play on.

i suggest you look at your end/hoster of the server you play on looks at his end first?

no idea where to start looking though.

edit: and i have the steam version, arma II + arma II OA + arma II BAF

no fix needed' date=' its actually working fine on servers i play on.

i suggest you look at your end/hoster of the server you play on looks at his end first?

no idea where to start looking though.

edit: and i have the steam version, arma II + arma II OA + arma II BAF

[/quote']

My Beta patch is up to date, my DayZ files are up to date, and every server I've joined has been running the most recent beta patch as indicated on the Arma2 site. I've installed everything 3 times over according to the install guides on this site. I really don't see what could be wrong on my end.

I recently played with a group of ~10 people and one guy was streaming so i could check. Direct com worked fine for all of them except me.

Doesn't seem to be a server-related issue.

I also use the steam version.

Keeping this thread alive too, and as everyone else, I do have the Steam version too.

I think I have the same problem,Using sixupdater, found this out by being at the freeside trading co. thingy. They said they were typing to me for about 10 minutes, and I couldn't see it. Also pretty sure they couldn't see what I was saying.

to keep this thread alive here is some info that may be useful:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=386&pid=4374#pid4374 (post #11 by rocket)

possible solution:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135998-Direct-chat-not-working-possible-reason-here&highlight=direct+com

-> didn't work for me though

Has anyone tried if direct com works in arma 2 vanilla?

Same problem here, sucks. But I'm sure it will be fixed soon. The game isn't that good without the ability to make threats to someone for some beans

So anyone got suggestions on how to fix this? Game is really difficult without communicating to anyone.