Sign in to follow this  
Ryzen

Building Exploit/Glitch

I've seen this exploit used numerous times in many building types.  I just wanted to share in hopes of getting it fixed as it seems to be growing more and more rampant and is becoming game breaking.

My buddy and I are upstairs when some new spawns start messing with us. I had no intention of harming them as you can see in the vid, just scare them off and close the door.

My guess as to what happened after I gave up on trying to close the door:
I was eye level to the M4 guy who was glitched in the building, thus I could see him. After backing up the stairs and getting above him, he disappears. 10 seconds later he then shoots my confused buddy who is prone upstairs through the floor in the stomach.

I have seen numerous people taking advantage of this building glitch as you can see everything and everyone inside the building.

Consider this as feedback for the alpha state the game is in and not complaining.

Edited by Ryzen

I've seen this exploit used numerous times in many building types.  I just wanted to share in hopes of getting it fixed as it seems to be growing more and more rampant and is becoming game breaking.

My buddy and I are upstairs when some new spawns start messing with us. I had no intention of harming them as you can see in the vid, just scare them off and close the door.

My guess as to what happened after I gave up on trying to close the door:

I was eye level to the M4 guy who was glitched in the building, thus I could see him. After backing up the stairs and getting above him, he disappears. 10 seconds later he then shoots my confused buddy who is prone upstairs through the floor in the stomach.

I have seen numerous people taking advantage of this building glitch as you can see everything and everyone inside the building.

Consider this as feedback for the alpha state the game is in and not complaining.

dont play game till 2015 problem solved stop ranting to the community were all aware

seems like something that has happened to Grimey and I several times

edit: 

dont play game till 2015 problem solved stop ranting to the community were all aware

I really don't think he was ranting at all. But thanks for being an asshole lol

Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 4

[REDACTED]

Edited by dewi

If anyone knows how to reproduce getting into a building like that I'd be more than happy to reproduce it in a video (listing as private) and creating a Bug report on it.  Send me the info in a PM though.

I've only ever logged in inside of a building once.  That's how I know you can see through all floors/walls.

this forum seriously needs a 'dislike' button. 

I was not aware of any such glitch.

Again tonight I ran into the same problem.  This time I was actually able to record how they are getting inside the walls in buildings; which I won't post here.  My friends and I (who were scattered across town) as well as everyone else in elektro, were then promptly killed by a hacker who could see through all buildings and had 100% accuracy for any distance.

Is anyone else having such problems?  A few days ago I'd only see it once in a while, but now I'm literally seeing people glitching into building walls every time I play.  I'm also hoping they pounce on these latest set of hacks that are available now.  Really don't want a repeat of the mod.

"Our coder plans to put in full aimbot as well as many other options in the coming days. You can see from the screens below that you can see all the items on the map at all times, this makes it super easy for you to find weapons, ammo and more. Our DayZ SA hack is undetected by VAC and our other VAC secure hacks have never been detected, so sign up knowing we have the best prices and the best undetected DayZ standalone hack."

There's so many resources out there once you get looking.

"Our coder plans to put in full aimbot as well as many other options in the coming days. You can see from the screens below that you can see all the items on the map at all times, this makes it super easy for you to find weapons, ammo and more. Our DayZ SA hack is undetected by VAC and our other VAC secure hacks have never been detected, so sign up knowing we have the best prices and the best undetected DayZ standalone hack."

There's so many resources out there once you get looking.

This just blows my mind. Why hack in an alpha designed for testing a game before it is released? What kind of mindset does someone have to be in to do that? Serious question.

This just blows my mind. Why hack in an alpha designed for testing a game before it is released? What kind of mindset does someone have to be in to do that? Serious question.

Because they don't care.  These people simply want to "win" whatever they are playing.  It doesn't matter that this isn't a PvP FPS, it is whatever the players (i.e. testers) want it to be.  It is both the problem and the solution.  I imagine that at some point, this caliber of player will move on to the next thing.  Unfortunately, this Alpha give the participants the opportunity to kill as many unarmed people as they want (as well as "force feed" them whatever is in their inventory); what other game gives these individuals the same satisfaction as this?

They may be tieing in collision with physics. Hopefully we will see wall glitching end then.

the problem with glitchers and hackers is that it is a never ending cycle.

a mad kid is a mad kid.

for every hacker or glitcher that gives up another one or 2 join his place.

my crew and I have been killed by idiots leaning through walls and shooting us.

do we do it back?    hell no.

some gamers have morals..others have mom's credit card.

if I cant kill your ass straight up you deserve my gear......

this forum seriously needs a 'dislike' button. 

I was not aware of any such glitch.

No, trust me you would NOT want a dislike button. Too many trolls take advantage of it. :P Anyways on topic....that really does suck.