Sign in to follow this  
cpo1bishop

M4 Accuracy

M4 using MP hand-guard and stock, bipod deployed, using T3N RDS Optics (Worn) zero'd to 400, laying prone.

I'm not certain of the range, but this is an estimate of positions based on a map with power-lines overlaid, positioned on the highres map using the small road as a reference:

I'm the blue dot, he's the red dot.

4IcTsym.png

Left the town in to provide a little distance scale.

I've been keeping an eye on the roads leading into the town for an opportunity to do this, I almost missed him.

At max zoom I spot him stumbling towards the dirt road on right :

XeKIO7n.jpg

Red dot centre mass (lowered to get a good look at him for the screen shot), and missed the first shot.

oSJHSwa.jpg

Waited about 5 seconds, remembered to hold my breath this time, absolutely essential. Red dot centre mass, dropped him with the second shot.

No more zombie.

p2z3yfE.jpg

I realize it ain't exactly fraps, but it's simply to demonstrate accuracy at what is arguable as fair distance.

Edited by MCPO Bishop

The M4A1 can shoot up to 600-700 metres i think

• Like 2

U.S. Marines regularly shoot out to 500yds at the rifle range with consistent, repeatable accuracy with iron sights. That's about 457m. More than that with iron sights is difficult because the front site post will literally completely cover a man sized target. A red dot is typically about the same size and therefore equally difficult. With better optics and a proper zero, it can reach a little farther. It is said that the m16/m4 range is approximately 500m (547yd) for a point target and 600m (656yd) for an area target. People will debate specifics on this to no end, I'm sure, but that is a good rule of thumb for real characteristics.

edit: good shot btw.

Edited by wolf-mind
  • Like 1

Hopefully the M4 will continue to be the most versatile weapon available. Full auto for close range engagements, bipod and acog for long range engagements. While it doesn't have the stopping power of the other weapons, it's precision more than makes up for it. Well done devs

• Like 1

Had this guy in a yellow raincoat blazing away at me with his M4 from approx 100. Never touched me, (I wonder if they ever fixed the prone bug with the M4?). He then combat logged.

Had this guy in a yellow raincoat blazing away at me with his M4 from approx 100. Never touched me, (I wonder if they ever fixed the prone bug with the M4?). He then combat logged.

I love those stand out, bright yellow "SHOOT ME" raincoats. Can see them a mile away.

Edited by zaphodity
  • Like 1

How do you hold your breath when firing? Sorry, very new to this game so I'm still learning a lot of the mechanics.

OP what you demonstrated is a roughly 300m shot, while prone, with a bipod and optics. As wolf-mind said it should be even better than that without those things.

How do you hold your breath when firing? Sorry, very new to this game so I'm still learning a lot of the mechanics.

Hold right mouse button.

Edited by DarkwaveDomina

I am aware the M4 in real life is as good as some posters say but... do remember people that balance will take precedence. Personally I don't understand why they didn't have a weapon like the AK-47 be the close range blaze away gun(especially since this is in Russia). 

Gameplay wise & time of production wise, why bother even including the mosin or SKS if the M4 can just do everything? Especially since -those- are the guns available atm. 

remember people that balance will take precedence

Instead of picking random weapons then playing the nerf/buff game I personally wish the devs would model the weapons to be as realistic as possible, but choose a specific range of weapons that are fairly balanced against one another.

I love those stand out, bright yellow "SHOOT ME" raincoats. Can see them a mile away.

I love all these bright colored hard hats and clothes but would I ever wear them??? God no. I still remember crouching at the NEAF near a bush and this guy just ran straight past me. Basically my camo saved the day. There is no way I'm going around looking like one of the Village People.

The M4A1 can shoot up to 600-700 metres i think

Most statistics for the gun give it around 500m accuracte point shooting, 6-700 accurate area shooting