Sign in to follow this  
nvrsbr

How to fix the timer issue...

#1. Make it so people cannot log out when they are in combat.

#2. And once loot timers are fixed make it so that even if a server is restarted the loot timer continues from where it left off before the server was restarted.

That way server hoping becomes useless..

#3 Profit.

Quite simple really.

#2. And once loot timers are fixed make it so that even if a server is restarted the loot timer continues from where it left off before the server was restarted.

That way server hoping becomes useless..

#3 Profit.

Quite simple really.

#1.  Prepare for a bombardment of, "but what if I have to log out immediately or I have a life and have obligations."

#2.  Loot/Server hopping can be fixed by saving character info server side instead client side.

#3.  #2 is a better profit

there is no issue ..rent your own server and your "problem" will be gone!

• Like 1

I dont think the calculations need to be done in order for you to be unable to dc during combat are simple, and what if its not combat and im just chasing you, cause that happen. Eventually they will make it better, but for now its just perfect.

Define combat.

For me combat starts the very second I spot another player, even from 1,000 meters.

It's just too taxing on the server to do checks and run more tasks when performance is already an issue. You want the server to calculate more when even getting loot and ai to respawn is an issue due to server load? The current implementation has addressed the problem. As for polishing and improving the current fix, it could use some but I'd rather more pressing matters of performance and optimization take precedence.

I love it when people suggest that "When you're in combat" stuff about timers. Like Bean King said, what is defined as combat? How does a game know a player's intention? How would it combat manually shutting down the program with Ctrl+Alt+Del? If you lose connection, does it assume you combat logged and leave your character on the server until you reconnect, thus assuring anyone who innocently loses connection now is guaranteed to die?

The current system is great. I've not had one person successfully combat log on me, where as many have done so before.

And don't worry, when they implement a "combat timer", what you're inevitably going to see is that it will mess up, be bugged and will never take away your "in combat" status and you'll be unable to log out. Then this forum will be FLOODED with the angriest people in the world.

P.S. Like Bean King also said, combat for him starts when another player is spotted. A lot of the people who combat logged on me logged the second we made eye contact. If you want to make Combat Status that you can't leave when someone is watching you, this means that you can indefinitely keep someone forced to stay in the game by simply stalking them from an unseen position, which is very easy to do. Stalked a group of guys from Kamyshovo all the way to Balota then ambushed them all while they were looting the jail.... 2 battle logged. So if I am stalking you, that now means you're forced to stay logged in until you can find me or I shoot you? Or worse, now you have to go running for 10 minutes away from your friends until they're 2 kilometers away so even a Mosin scope can't see them and pray you don't run into anyone else? Seems kinda.... way too much.