Sign in to follow this  
Bungles

Six updater website needs to be changed.

When I saw the website to download the six updater I noticed that I needed to click on the file name and not the other spam that would install bloatware, and God knows what else on my computer. My friends however who went to the site about 80% of them clicked on other links on that site thinking they were downloading the six updater and have a ton of shit on their computers as a result. Can you please provide a download for the updater on your own website or one that isn't full of bullshit so unsuspecting, unsavvy people don't download stuff that will gum up or harm their computers.

Thank you

I don't think the dev's here have direct control what the creator of Six Updater puts or allows on his page.... but yeah, DayZ just needs it's own installer.

In the mean time, tell your friends to look before they click, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out those 'Download' buttons are advertisements/links to elsewhere.

The dev's can actually put the files on there site and have a direct link to them for ppl to avoid it. I know it doesn't take a rocket surgeon but I have seen 4 outta 8 ppl I know click the wrong thing and dl something random stuff and I'm sure the number of ppl who have clicked other things on that site is higher than you might think. It's simply a suggestion and nothing more.

This is absolutely true, I am one of the victims of this bs. I actually replaced my drive because of this. I kept my other drive just formatted, finally got an ssd though. I just now reinstalled sixupdater and I asked like 3 people what the link was and the file before I downloaded it. I am literally that scared to download anything off that site, it's a wonder I even came back to this game after getting viruses from SU site.

Fix it.