Sign in to follow this  
John_Menhauzen

ingame freezes

Hi all!

Listen when I am enterring to a server my game starts to freeze and I cant play.

I have 8 GB ram, i5 3550 and Shappire hd 7850.

I tried everythinng but nothing helps.

Any ideas to fix?

I am having the same issue. It's been working perfectly the past few days but now whenever I try to join a server, in the bottom-right you can see battleye being initiated and the server's MotD, and in the center it says "Wait for Host" and it just hangs there. I can still hear the wind noise from the main menu, but everything becomes unresponsive and I have to end the process in my task manager to be able to close it. After this happened twice, I went into my library on Steam and verified the local game cache. Steam said there was nothing wrong with it, so I tried again and sure enough, it froze up again.

This started happening when I joined a server that I had been playing on just a few hours ago. I was looking around for food because I was starving (as usual I always find a bunch of cool stuff and then starve to death), and I got the "no message recieved for..." message, so I thought I would just hop onto another server (my internet connection can be a little schizophrenic because I have a usb wifi stick). But, as soon as I confirmed that I wanted to quit, it froze up just as I have described above, and now I cannot join any servers at all.

I will try reinstalling the game to see if that works. Here are my specs if it helps:

Processor - Intel i5 quad-core

GPU - GeForce GTS 450

RAM - 16GB

Edited by forceofthegrim

Happens to me alot when joining a new server for about 10 min then it kinda goes away. 

i7 4770k 

gtx 770

16g ram

Update:

After reinstalling the game (removing local files and then clicking "install" from Steam), I'm getting the same results. I've tried a few different servers, just to be sure, but no luck.

So far I've found that these methods do not work to fix this:

- Verifying integrity of the local game cache in Steam (Steam says there is nothing wrong with the cache).

- Removing the local files on Steam and then reinstalling.

- Waiting 10 minutes (timairborne, the poster above me, said this worked for him).

- Opting in for the beta through Steam and joining one of the experimental servers.

Also, as a side note, I can change the appearance of my character and use all the menus and everything, this only happens when trying to join a server.

Edited by forceofthegrim

New Update:

I have managed to fix it!

All I did was restart my PC (and thus Steam. Not sure if it was my computer or steam) and hey presto it started working again.

New Update:

I have managed to fix it!

All I did was restart my PC (and thus Steam. Not sure if it was my computer or steam) and hey presto it started working again.

You sure this will help?