danchillz

[Video] DayZ standalone - why combat log? - Please fix this game

You'll find some who comply with your wishes. Sing, or take their pants off.

Don't be upset when they won't comply.

We weren't 'upset' about him complying. Just don't see why he had to combat log. It's so dumb, lol.

Edited by deaje

I think logging in this situaton isn't even as bad as logging in a real combat. If he doesn't want to sing, nobody gains anything from this encounter, because you would just have to shoot him. And you can't blame people for not wanting to sing. If you're trolling like that, that's what you have to deal with.

Frankly I'd rather die trying to axe you all in the face that having to degrade myself to satisfy your S&M wishes. But then that's just me.

If some power tripping kid aimed a gun at me and ordered me to sing YMCA, I would have buried my axe in his skull. I don't let morons boss me around in real life, where I have something at stake, why would I put up with it in a game, where the worst thing that could happen to me is a respawn?

The bit I don't understand in your post is the fix the game part. What was broken about the game here? There already is a combat log timer you just didn't realise he had left, he probably didn't realise there was a timer either. It's not the games fault you don't keep up with the patch notes.

I personally think logging out should have a tweaked or different animation.

If you accidentally sit down you might now get a bullet right away. Or rather, you can't afford to sit down actively now.

If some power tripping kid aimed a gun at me and ordered me to sing YMCA, I would have buried my axe in his skull. I don't let morons boss me around in real life, where I have something at stake, why would I put up with it in a game, where the worst thing that could happen to me is a respawn?

The bit I don't understand in your post is the fix the game part. What was broken about the game here? There already is a combat log timer you just didn't realise he had left, he probably didn't realise there was a timer either. It's not the games fault you don't keep up with the patch notes.

That's cute.

I think you'll find when a combat logger logs, they're supposed to just sit there. Not look active and do 'press ups'. That is what is broken. 

So I think you should probably think about referring back to the patch notes if you think it's right for the logged player to be doing an animation. 

If a guy standing there for 20 seconds without saying anything, well something is wrong mate, better bail or shoot, but ye i am sure the will find a proper animation, maybe one of the idle animation in the main menu?! Btw how come those are not in game eh?!

That's cute.

I think you'll find when a combat logger logs, they're supposed to just sit there. Not look active and do 'press ups'. That is what is broken. 

So I think you should probably think about referring back to the patch notes if you think it's right for the logged player to be doing an animation. 

Your post is "why combat log, please fix this game" seemed to me you were complaining about combat logging, not pressups.